No announcement yet.

S2 coupe -92 improvment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day the garage I rented leaked water thru one lightbar in the ceiling... Put some pressure on the chipboard and water ran thru a electric junction box (??google translate??) cut in the board over the lightbar.
    I went outside and saw that whole roof was bent down in the middle by a big pile of snow

The problem was I had the rear totally stripped down and not wanting to have my car there anymore..... So I borrowed the rear subframe from my other S2, switched some mounts. Put it on the car and trailed it home...

Now I am thinking about the rear ARB
    I have read alot about it on this forum and I have an extra front and rear S2 coupe shelf warmers.
    With a FARB mounted in the rear the car might be to stiff for a streetcar.
    So I was thinking of welding two rears together with metal plates and enough clearance so only one will be mounted.
    Thoughts, ideas and experience are very welcomed

Comment

No need to go with two in the rear.

FARB in the rear is all down to personal taste. Some like more tail happy feel than others.

If you want to reduce some of the understeer have the rear bar 2-3 mm bigger diameter than the front.

Hope that helps, great project!
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
      2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
      1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
        No need to go with two in the rear.

FARB in the rear is all down to personal taste. Some like more tail happy feel than others.

If you want to reduce some of the understeer have the rear bar 2-3 mm bigger diameter than the front.

Hope that helps, great project!
        Ok. The thought of welding two rears together was that I dont need to switch struts to fit droplinks with FARB. And of course that I have two of them....
        But if it´s not that much improvement work would be unnecessery.....
        Would be cool building an adjustable

Thanks for the

Comment

Started with some minor grinding in the exhaust side of a AAN head. Just smoothing some angles and removing cast roughness..

And then the joy of having an 20year old audi coupe........... Waterleaks.....

Knowing of this issue for a while, but pushed it away for something to deal with some other day.....
          Fed up with wiping the floor each and every day now it time to deal with it.
          When removing the rusty procen-ten I plug and sealed properly. Got alot better on the passengerside
          No diffrence on driver side so today i ran around with a water can finding door does not seal as it should so thats something I have to adjust...

Future plans on building a carport appear closer and closer

Comment

Nice project, everyone loves a red 3B what are the plans for the project?

You sure like to make inlet manifolds

Have you thought about a Whiteline rear anti-roll bar
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Nice project, everyone loves a red 3B what are the plans for the project?

You sure like to make inlet manifolds

Have you thought about a Whiteline rear anti-roll bar
              Thanks!
              Yeah had thoughts for many years of having my other one painted red but now I dont have to...
              I have a heavily rebuilt s2 -91 I´ve owned for 10years now so this car is going to stay streetlegal. So I can drive it to work and some trackdays...Especially in the winter as there are many ice-tracks here in the mountains =)

I like the harmony you get when tig-welding

Sure I would like a whiteline but I´m short of cash.... Rebuilding the chassis and engine empties my wallet

Comment

Back on track with the red one again

While engine was out I replaced the broken gaiter on the steering gear.

And the slave cylinder. The black one is from a 6speed gearbox but I bought a new one insteed

Some stuff from CP-S. Favorite Audi parts dealer in Sweden.

Made a new break line.

And shoved engine in the car

But as my "engine hoist" are made for lifting old people and not engines I couldn´t mount generator, turbo etc etc... Much more job mounting everything up in the car but I´m still happy
                Also testmounted an intake thats going on a cool swedish Rs2 build..

As car is going thru the annual car inspection and winter is soon here I decided on running the standard K24. Think it will be quite fun on the ice tracks anyway.

Comment

Oilcooler from Setrab

And as car is going to run some also in the winter I mounted a engine heater

Now I just gonna put some of the interior and seats back as going on wheel alignment and yearly car inspection..

Comment

Nice stuff mate

Comment

Thanks Jaychen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_s2 View Post
                        But as my "engine hoist" are made for lifting old people and not engines I couldn´t mount generator, turbo etc etc... Much more job mounting everything up in the car but I´m still happy
                        Brilliant, this made me laugh!

Did you make the last inlet manifold yourself??
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

You have to use what you got
                          Yes I usually make tubulars with bigger volume like the other one but i wanted something little more discrete. It´s no bling but works really nice on small power engine.

Comment

Spring has finally arrived here so project is picked up again
                            Yesterday I put on the trackday tires and got an 4wheel alignment.

Comment

How does the engine heater work? Sounds interesting, although we don't have winters like you guys got.

Comment

It´s an electric heater that pre heats the coolant and thereby rest of the engine.
                                If it´s below zero it saves alot of engine wear and fuel consumption =)

Comment

Working...
                                X