This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
    Got the head fitted to mine over the weekend, but when I came to fit the RS2 cambelt ( 150 teeth ) , there's no way would it go on, even with the 3B waterpump move to it's slackest position. So I tried a std ABY cambelt ( 151 teeth ) and it went striaght on. I'm still trying to think even now, how a std cam belt will fit when the head is 16mm higher
    IIRC the 3B cambelt has 147 teeth, so you do have a longer belt. Don't forget the roller is on the tensioner on the ABY/ADU, not the oil pump. You're using a 3B oil pump? Right?
    SS

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys, especially Marco, great write up with Picture. Billman Audi_CQ How its ended with those A2 TDI studs? I should get them for good price against ARPs for BMW 3.5l .

Thank you

Cheers,
      Tom
      Last edited by Tom_; 12 November 2017, 20:36.
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
        Where was the problem on Pisobikers engine??

What head studs did you use? Pisobiker says that "Studs holes have been enlarged to 12.5mm to accomodate TDi specs head studs.
        For this purpose I've used M12 x1.75 studs of the A2 1.4 TDi (AMF) engine, cut back 20mm."

In the family album they say that the A2 studs are M12x1.15 and the AEL/AAT has M12x1.66.

Jamo some light here please! What Water pump and what cambelt + tensioner did you use?

Thanks
        A2 studs are M12x1,75 and 166mm long
        AAT bolts M12x1,75 and 115mm long

as e-parts catalog said
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
        X