• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread, all handy as I have similar plans ahead
    Are they cool-wheels panels ?

Comment

Thanks mate, it's a small project

This body kit is made from Tomasz cecot, but I have another kit from cool-wheels to make another SQ LWB, when I finish mine, and have some diferences

http://www.rallycarsforsale.net/clas...tails&id=69605

Tomasz's fiberglass it's more stiff and I think that it's more fragile and has some bubbles...

Cool-wheels fiberglass it's more flexible and a little bit thinner

Tomasz's kit it's based on a quattro A2, all except SQ bonnet, grill, front bumper and metal sills. You can buy a sump guard (I have it) also you can fit the rear quarter panels like me or without removing the oe panel, cool-wheels only with oe panel. Shipping cost are cheap and good delivered

Cool-wheels' kit is fully based on a SQ, rear quarter panels, rear bumper and I think that front fenders are differents of mines...the grill has much better quality than Tomasz. You can buy front rings for the grill and front end cross bar. Shipping cost aren't cheap like Tomasz and not very good delivered...maybe because they send me 3 times with differents companies and the package was damaged

I like quattro A2 rear end, because if you want, you can buy a quattro A2 front end and you can have an audi quattro A1 or A2 replica

Hope this help you
      Last edited by Simons; 3 August 2014, 15:46. Reason: link

Comment

Brilliant info as I am on the verge of buying a lwb sq kit from them
        I have already ordered a coupe sport style bonnet

Comment

Some news, I removed the old engine, batery support and A/C system. Also I cleaned the engine bay, primer and paint in alpine white and fit the new engine

Old engine out

batery support out

A/C evaporator out

All A/C stuff out, I save 21,8kg and the batery from his old place, another -10/15kg in the right side

Engine bay clean & sand

2k primer and paint

Flywheel with the firing pin, refaced, lighten -1kg (isn't to much...but I'm going to make a new aluminum crankshaft pulley with only 2 channels to save more weight in the crank and have more room for the ic), also I did another 6 holes to help the cooling (and save another grams) and balance

the new heart

Comment

Lwb sport Quattro

Great project mate watching this closely as an doing a similar project myself a widearch ur,

Comment

Lovely
              My one is in very early stage but panels have arrived
              Be prepared for questions from me ��

Keep up the great work

Comment

Thanks guys, Keep ahead with yours projects!! mine it's a little project, I don't want to spent more than 15k with all...working hours are free

Comment

Good progress there. I hope to build a lwb too some day.

Keep the updates coming, I look forward to them
                  Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Any more updates ?

Thanks for posting all the pics of fitting your 1/4 panels I need all the help I can
                    My cool wheels panels are going to need a lot of work on the sill area
                    Where did you get the metal sills from ?
                    I am also starting with a non ur n/a coupe quattro

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                      Good progress there. I hope to build a lwb too some day.

Keep the updates coming, I look forward to them
                      C'mon mate! don't wait anymore

Originally posted by Tk1 View Post
                      Any more updates ?

Thanks for posting all the pics of fitting your 1/4 panels I need all the help I can
                      My cool wheels panels are going to need a lot of work on the sill area
                      Where did you get the metal sills from ?
                      I am also starting with a non ur n/a coupe quattro
                      Yep, but I haven't got pics...now I'm making the steering pump support

They have fiber sills to attach on the originals. Mine are from Tomasz

Comment

More pics, the hot side is almost finish, EM, turbo, oil & water lines, wastegate and downpipe. I did a custom rear braket for the steering pump and I'm making the IC braket, I need to do the bottom IC support and two square bars across the IC, one on the back (top side) and the other on the front (bottom side) to give more streng and try to avoid the bottom strut bar

Last edited by Simons; 27 January 2015, 00:02.

Comment

IC support finished. I hope to don't break the IC with the torsion, if breaks i'll put some rubber mounts between the braket and ic...also I need to cut a little the angle bars, top and botton

Comment

More news, I finish all except the front brakes, paint the body and little things. I put the batery in the trunk, 044 bosch fuel pump, coupe sump guard, 280x22 rear brakes with 42mm calipers, made the exhaust with one cat(middle section only to pass mot), change the stereo to the left side and put three gauge in his place, and more bits. I'll put more photos

Last edited by Simons; 5 June 2015, 00:40.

Comment

Comment

She's alive!
                                91 Modded 3B
                                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X