Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 refurbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
    The"problem"is another 4000 quattro got here from us.Maybe you knew about it,i was the last person that found about Emil getting one.It is here and i was fulled...
    He will post a clip with me "spotting"(it was his car parked with a fake add in the window) that 4000 on the street calling the fake number on the sale add in the window and Bartolomeus laughing saying it is his car
    "LOOK!!! an us 4000!!!!STOP the car!!!It is for sale??for 2k euro????wtf?????with aircon????the holly grail!!!!"

What has bartoleumuse been up to? Hey bart? American 90 4000
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

It was really funny, I am uploading the video to youtube as I write, but will have to make some translation so everybody understands...

Comment

I thought you were going to make a big surprise on the forum with me waiting in the wings and we were to have a about it? Was looking forward to your suggestion. Oh well
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
          The"problem"is another 4000 quattro got here from us.Maybe you knew about it,i was the last person that found about Emil getting one.It is here and i was fulled...
          He will post a clip with me "spotting"(it was his car parked with a fake add in the window) that 4000 on the street calling the fake number on the sale add in the window and Bartolomeus laughing saying it is his car
          "LOOK!!! an us 4000!!!!STOP the car!!!It is for sale??for 2k euro????wtf?????with aircon????the holly grail!!!!"
          I knew about it he wished it was only 2K though

Comment

New tools and materials for shop and evo.
            Filler gun and primer for engine bay.
            Attached Files

Comment

Surfacer applied.More sanding,wet this time...
              Attached Files

Comment

New things for the paint booth,airline filters and full face respirator.
                Soon...soon...
                Attached Files

Comment

New gun for sealant is here.I trusted my friend experience with the type of gun to choose as nobody answered on the other topic where i asked opinions about type of the gun that will get the best results.Sealant is here too.Question:
                  The paint and lacquer needs to be applied after a short period of flash for the sealant or i can trust their info,that says 5 days time to get the paint on.
                  After the bad experience with por 15 getting hard as glass and primer peeling i need to do this correct.
                  Wurth spray seam sealer needs to be painted within an hour.What about foerch i want to use?

Thx,
                  Attached Files

Comment

When i used to be involved in preparing and painting cars it was always wise to get the manufacturers data sheets on whatever product your going to use.Your local paint factors, mine were "Brown Brothers" ,should be able to provide all the info you need. Trust no one except a seasoned pro and or the data sheets
                    94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Data sheet on Foerch sealant says 5 days time to paint.
                      As por 15 datasheet said 24h max time for topcoat.And it got as glass and primer peeled and needed to sandblast all again.
                      So datasheet....in the ideal world.Best to ask people that used products as datasheet advises and seen results.
                      And the"pro" that sells almost all brands of body products has seen the product in boxes and in catalogues.They never got their hands dirty of the products they sell.They just sell.

Comment

We did that for por 15.
                        But they funked us.
                        It's written on por15 website that top coat/primer must be applied in maximum 24 hours after final por 15 coat. We applied the top coat/primer after 12 hours and it didn't adhere.
                        After this disaster, I've looked on the por 15 website what they instruct about applying THEIR OWN primer after por15 anti rust paint.
                        They have 2 primers:

http://www.por15.com/Primers_c_8.html

Tie Coat Primer and Self Etch Primer.
                        So let's say I want to use tie coat after regular anti rust por 15 paint.
                        Look at their instructions:

for tie coat, they first say:

Tie-Coat Primer may be used over
                        well-seasoned POR-15® coatings, even if they are more
                        than a year old, with no special preparation other than
                        cleaning the surface.

BUT THEY ALSO SAY: The best method for overcoating por 15 rust preventive paint is to first clean surface with marine clean and then apply por 15 self etching primer.

Wait what? So the best way is not just simply paint over with their tie coat primer? For the best job one must first use /buy etching primer?

OK, let's see what they say about applying etching primer.

http://qr.absolutecoatings.com/QR-as...Directions.pdf

POR 15 Self-Etching Primer can be used to adhere
                        to fully cured POR-15 Rust Preventive Paint and all
                        POR-15 topcoats to enable quick refi nishing and
                        recoating of these products

Oh, OK, so I should paint it over the anti rust por 15 paint. Oh, WAIT:

For maxium adhesion Sand surfaces to be
                        painted with 280 to 320 grit sandpaper.

WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR MIND?

Por 15 instructions are a funking joke. We funked up very much hard work done to the engine bay.

So that is why Bogdan is asking for advices, we got burned and now we don't fully trust the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          Wrong forum.

Hate those things.
                          Originally posted by BosnianS2 View Post
                          Regardles of how good or bad this japcrap is, why are we hearing about it here on AUDI S2 forum?

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                          Because automobiles

Great work Bart & Bogdan. Any driver's car deserves this attention, regardless of Audi or not

Just catching up on this thread. Its actually scary how much rust here is on this (10 year old?) car.
                          It is coming out of the seams in the unibody and that is down to poor preparation at the factory. I guess why jap cars are 10k cheaper than German.
                          Anyway, I have driven an EvoIV and and EvoIX and both are light years ahead of S2s in handling. In fact I like the EvoIV best. Torque, sound and build quality the S2 wins, so its a fairly even fight. Character is the ace in the sleeve for the S2.
                          I have a red Evo V in my "dream garage" (it's the best looking).

Keep the updates coming guys

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Looky here top Subaru rust protection (brand new 47k EURO 2015 Subaru Impreza WRX STI):

See picture 3, how they applied the sealant with a proff. gun/(finger???) and then the finger got dirty and it looks like that person cleaned his finger from sealant exactly near the area where he applied the sealant?

No paint over the sealant?

Also the engine bay paint is so thin... I've opened my Skoda's hood and made a comparison, and came to the conclusion that the rust protection on the STI is a funking joke
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thx for the appreciations.Hard work if you want to do reliable job.
                              As for the quality of the mitsu...S2 and evo are not in the same league.Evo is a rally made car.Good handling,cheap interior as it will be dismantled and rollcage/bucket seats will take the place.
                              I like both,especially owner smile when i say his evo is a daewo cielo

Regards,
                              Attached Files

Comment

Picture 3 again in full resolution so you can see what I am talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X