• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have I done!!!

OMG What have I done 20-02-2012

orsum
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the first time I saw her after I gave them a mint condition car and to be honest I thought I had made a mistake.

The front right wing/fender that is missing was damaged by and unknown person backing into the car in a beach front car park near where I live it was minor damage but I am anti body filler so it was a new wing required.

The replacement and original Audi one was still on the water.

These photos are when the car was at the first panel shop. It is now at the third shop being finished all will be revealed as we go on.

All they had to do was replace the damaged wing and completely repaint the car windows out, trim off, no body filler allowed, original colour Emerald Green and a dark green primer nothing else was to be done !!!!!!

orsum

Comment

Guys I have posted in the wanted section for the last part I need to complete my project.

The rear S2 Badge. I seem to be unable to get an original.

The only thing I think I can do now is to get the front one from Audi Tradition, the rear is not available.

Does anybody know if it will work putting the front badge on the rear?

Failing that I have the old one but it looks bad and I would not like to put it on the car.

Anybody able to help?

orsum
        Last edited by orsum; 10 May 2015, 07:36.

Comment

Yea thats what I am doing on my project. I got two fronts and with one of them cut the mounting off and put it on the rear.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Good news the original badge has been found

orsum

Comment

These are the thing that made me paint the complete car.

orsum
              Attached Files

Comment

I originally thought a few weeks and I will have a great car to play with during my later years.

Something I could drive around Africa and have fun.

The paint shop I took the car to was very helpful and it was not long before the car was in bits.

That’s when the trouble started. The guy who was overseeing the work moved to another division and basically nobody would touch the car.

I met with one of the directors and we agreed to move the car to the division were the original guy was working.

During our chat I told him that I would hold them accountable for any damage to the car during transport and for any parts that go missing.

Comment

The car arrived at the new workshop and the fun started again.

Because the first shop was being paid for the work the second shop had no money in the job the took a long time to do any work on the car.

They did find this.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by orsum; 4 May 2015, 05:29.

Comment

Great Car.

Looking fed to seeing it all done.
                    The Red Baron
                    (R)S2 spec, 034 GT3071
                    Wagner Short Intake and Intercooler
                    Whiteline, Custom Shocks with external reservoirs
                    8pot calipers with A8 discs
                    Vems

Comment

So the date is now 14-07-2012 and I check for an update.

I found the head lining was coming away. Ok no big issue but its the first in a list of unexpected costs.

orsum
                      Attached Files

Comment

So the date is now 10-09-2012 and I check to see how they are getting on with the head lining and the rest of the car.

No work done car falling to bits. Big fight with workshop manager.

orsum
                        Attached Files

Comment

Masking

10-09-2012 to 11-09-2012

Things starting to take shape

orsum
                          Attached Files

Comment

Present day update.

15-08-2015 I was 61 yesterday and the car is still at the paint shop.

More lost parts and fights about completing the work.

Had a good meeting with Director of company two weeks ago.

He agreed it was his responcibility to complete the car, instructed his operations manager and the workshop manager to get the car finished.

While there saw the carpet has rotted behind the passenger seat unknow why this would happen.

Trying to get an original in top condition. If I cannot then I will have one made.

orsum

Comment

Hope you get it back soon Orsum

Let me know if you need some parts, I do have some spare parts from my stripped S2 race car.
                              The Red Baron
                              (R)S2 spec, 034 GT3071
                              Wagner Short Intake and Intercooler
                              Whiteline, Custom Shocks with external reservoirs
                              8pot calipers with A8 discs
                              Vems

Comment

Working...
                              X