No announcement yet.

Audi S2 700hp becomes 900+ ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but switching from thick to thinner oil did resolve the problem, right?

If cavitation happend here and then maybe it's not leaving any signs in the pump, so can be hard to see, and the other thing that these pumps are not easily doing that, so propably not many have seen marks of it..? This was just an idea that came in mind. Maybe it was just oil starvation in this case, caused by the oil not flowing back to sump fast enough.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
      Hi where can I get one of these cromo gears from
      http://speed-autoteile.fi/index.php?...roduct_id=4013

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
        Yes, but switching from thick to thinner oil did resolve the problem, right?

If cavitation happend here and then maybe it's not leaving any signs in the pump, so can be hard to see, and the other thing that these pumps are not easily doing that, so propably not many have seen marks of it..? This was just an idea that came in mind. Maybe it was just oil starvation in this case, caused by the oil not flowing back to sump fast enough.

But then it would be a general well known issue or? ;-)

Comment

Hey guys , how much would it cost to build a stroker to hit 700-900hp?
          I have aby 3inch exhaust and homefried ecu map.

Comment

@ Thuppu

The biggest problem on the stock pump is the Bypass in the pump.
            At high rmp"s the oil flow over the inlet has been killed because of the bypass oil that comes in the pump with a 90 degree angle.
            Cavitation is also a problem.It start at sharp edges so you have to champfer everything.

my english is a imposition...sorry
            [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Yes you have to close the Bypass to the gears and make a hole in the block. So the Hot oil from the over pressure Valve can go direct to the sump

Comment

But with org Oilpan there comes the next problems...
                [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                  Hey guys , how much would it cost to build a stroker to hit 700-900hp?
                  I have aby 3inch exhaust and homefried ecu map.
                  in this thread.

A separate thread may elicit a better response to your query.

Also if you have to ask, it may not be for you just yet.

Just sayin………...

Comment

awsome project !!

Comment

Hey its been awhile since being on here... I looked into the project a long time ago.
                      I'm just briefly asking to get a quick straight answer from someone. though noone has answered my question. I would like to know so I dont waste my time going down a lesser route to my goal.. ie spend time and money on another setup.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                      in this thread.

A separate thread may elicit a better response to your query.

Also if you have to ask, it may not be for you just yet.

Just sayin………...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                        Hey its been awhile since being on here... I looked into the project a long time ago.
                        I'm just briefly asking to get a quick straight answer from someone. though noone has answered my question. I would like to know so I dont waste my time going down a lesser route to my goal.. ie spend time and money on another setup.
                        Hi!
                        I dont have any exact number. But it all depends och wich parts you decide to buy. For example the turbo Im going to use now (the 9180 EFR) costs around 20,000SEK wich is about 1600£. I also could have gone with another turbo that's good for atleast the same power, if not more, but that one costs around 600£ instead.

But I reckon my build has cost me around 100-120k SEK (8-9000£). And then Im not including the car itself. You can look at websites that sell parts and so on and add the pieces together and see how much that is. And then you have to add some more for all the stuff you forget or dont know you need but remember as you go along with your build.

Hope that gave you some perspective on it and good luck with whatever you decide to do =)

Comment

It's been a while since I updated here now i just realized.
                          So heres a small one:

I got my cylinder head back from Custom-Parts Service here in sweden. They fixed my 4 crooked intake valves and also did some machining in the intake and exhaust channels!
                          I will also use a set of catcams 1002305. Then I decided that Ill probably need to get a new wastegate, so I bought a Turbosmart Hypergate 45mm. Problably done some more stuff that I cant think of right now but here's a picture of how it looks at the moment:

Im not good at taking pictures as I go along but I promise Ill take some real nice ones for you once its all done
                          Also Im going up in the dyno monday 4th of may!

Thats all for now! Have a nice weekend everyone

Comment

Hey Thank you for being very open and summarizing this ! great info thx!

Originally posted by S2SE View Post
                            Hi!
                            I dont have any exact number. But it all depends och wich parts you decide to buy. For example the turbo Im going to use now (the 9180 EFR) costs around 20,000SEK wich is about 1600£. I also could have gone with another turbo that's good for atleast the same power, if not more, but that one costs around 600£ instead.

But I reckon my build has cost me around 100-120k SEK (8-9000£). And then Im not including the car itself. You can look at websites that sell parts and so on and add the pieces together and see how much that is. And then you have to add some more for all the stuff you forget or dont know you need but remember as you go along with your build.

Hope that gave you some perspective on it and good luck with whatever you decide to do =)

Comment

Another small update:
                              Downpipe is done. 3.5" and 3" after that.

Next up is powdercoating the intake manifold and getting the cams set up. I also need to adapt the intercooler piping and then I think its time to turn the key and see what happens

Comment

Got alot of stuff done today in the garage!
                                Almost everything is done and the engine is almost ready to fire up. Just need to adapt the IC pipes and WG pipe. And as always Im sure there's something else too. But here's how it looked when I left the garage after a 12 hour visit:

Now Im going to have my friday-beer and go to sleep
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X