No announcement yet.

gazzag60 80q build on a budget. big turbo s2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Gaz.. great to see how far you've come since we talked a few months ago.

Keep at it and it will be on the road in no time..
    Stuart
    B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
      not sure the bulkhead makes too much difference. its not that thick but the construction of that and the shelf which is metal and the fuel tank bolted between the rear turrets must be a factor.

actually had to pop the ski hatch panel out of the panel to fit the coupe seat.

anybody know the best place for a ignition switch. cheap.
      Got my last ignition switch for the S2 on the Bay of fleas, cheap as chips IIRC, watch out though as there are a couple of different variations.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

whats the difference? the one from the 80 is basically the same as the s2 version.

hopefully the next few weeks and it will see a road. cleaned the front discs today. pita all the holes on the Porsche disc.

ill check ebay cheers

Comment

I got ign switch from tps. Sure it was around £20 for a genuine audi 1..
          Great project

Comment

wow, over 12 months sincve i visted the forum

quick update.

car runs. runs pretty well or did up to yesterday. misfire under investigation

so to summarise. way back when the car would not run. turns out all issues were due to fuel tank blpockage including 16v time. i think the previous owner had a few issues, didn't tell me and hoped i could fix easily. in the end i fixed it. basically when i rebuilt it first few runs it nearly cut out turning the corner. i knen then ther must be an issue in there.

on a "in boot" tank that gravity feeds there is a small t-bag on the fuel feed. this was basically screwed. really blocked but fed fuel for a bit. the 044 told me in a loud voice is was not happy.

lesson 1. if you got in boot tank that looks new dont trust your instinct that its good. ultimatly b3 tanks are 25 yrs plus old.
            lesson2. dont cut the bottom off the tank. its a pig to seal up.
            lesson3. fibreglas is your friend with thee tanks

quick summary of feel. its a long time since i had a stock s2 so this is compared with my mates rs2. it feels lighter faster and more agile.

few points
            1. sre clutch is miles heavier than stock
            2. light flywheel with modded motor in a car lightewr than s2 is great.
            3. i can set all the car alarms off in manchester central hospitals multistorey carparks no worries.

i need a few bits like defi meter cable, fix misfire, engine mounts. its pretty savage. 2 bar boost at present would not help the car.

pics to follow tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X