Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Coupe GT - Extreme restomod

This is a crazy and long project...

Many people will say that it makes no sense or that it will never succeed. OK, but I am crazy and brave enough to give it a try.

I have a 1987 FWD B2 Coupe GT with a blown Golf mk2 GTI 1.8 16V engine that currently sleeps waiting for its resurrection. It seems that it does not have any serious rust issues and I have a complete dual head lights front end and rear bumper. The only thing missing is the front bumper.

Photos as it is now:

Finding and buying a UR Quattro here in Greece is almost impossible and legally importing one is EXTREMELY expensive. So I decided to build a Quattro monster based on my Coupe GT. My goal is an AWD car with around 500 horse power and aggressive retro look. Since a lot of custom work is needed, I will try to fit as many modern mechanical parts as possible without caring about originality.

For converting to AWD I bought a B3 sedan Quattro. I will use the transmission tunnel, the rear floorpan and possibly the whole rear suspension setup.

The other donor car is an A4 B6 Quattro 1.8T 20V with the BFB engine. From the A4 I will use the engine and the 6 speed manual transmission. I will also try to fit the multilink front suspension, the ABS brakes and the rear differential.

Crappy pics of the A4:

When the car is put together, custom wide metallic front and rear wings will be fabricated, and to complete the look, fibreglass Sport Quattro replica front and rear bumpers.
    Finally, the engine will be rebuilt with all the parts required in order to achieve the desired horsepower.

I understand that this is a very difficult project, so I expect slow progress (limited money and time resources!!!) and a lot of drawbacks and disappointments.

By the way, if anybody needs parts (except from exterior body panels, or parts I need for my conversion) from the B6 or the B3 just send me a PM. I also have B4 headlights for sale...
    Last edited by ktel; 1 March 2016, 07:47.

Car

Brave and committed. Well done.
    I had this on Saturday, but I'm restoring to standard.
    What are the seats in the b2 from? They don't look b2.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
      Brave and committed. Well done.
      I had this on Saturday, but I'm restoring to standard.
      What are the seats in the b2 from? They don't look b2.
      I think that they are from a B3 quattro, but I am not really sure.

Comment

great project,looking forward to your pictures
        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

You are crazy! Good luck!

Comment

Can a forum moderator change the thread title to B2 instead of B3 that I misstyped?

Comment

Great idea, go for it!!!

Comment

This should be interesting. What power are you aiming for?
                Keep the pictures coming. Good luck!
                Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I am aiming for around 500hp

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

The car was completely stripped down and it's ready for the "operation".

The A4 b6 rear subframe, differential and suspension will be mounted on a custom roll bar structure.

The b6 front end will need extensive fabrication using b6 metal parts.

As you can see in the fotos the car has no rust at all!

Comment

nice project will do the same ...my donor will be 7A

Comment

Originally posted by knikov View Post
                        nice project will do the same ...my donor will be 7A
                        Thanx mate! Good luck to you too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking to use B3 7A like a base ,reweld only B2 coupe upper frame on top without engine compartment ,but SQ body kit will not fit to round shape of the B3 7A. Most probably will go your way

Comment

You're a keen man!! Good luck with the project - will be keeping an eye on ithttp://www.s2forum.com/forum/images/smilies/beer.gif

Comment

Update! Ready to weld the b6 front end to the b2 chassis... There is no way back now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X