No announcement yet.

B2 Coupe GT - Extreme restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the rear end to fit the B6 subframe and differential...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good. =)
      Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

Fabrication of the rear custom chassis. It is smaller in diameter than the factory chassis legs but a lot more thicker and more rigit.

Comment

Awesome,a was planing to do something similar,but with audi a4 b5 1.8t quattro,i dont start yet,im picking up information before start the proyect,but im near to start it.

after see your proyect i wonder why yo dont use b6 pan floor?
          Is necesary to use b3 pan floor?
          i allready own a4 and audi gt and if i want i can buy audi 80 b3 quattro too,but i think is possible to do it,only using a4.
          maybe im not wrigth that is why im asking,sorry if i do stupid question,but im still picking up information.

Other question,wich quattro transmision you use audi 80s or aaudi a4?

Comment

Originally posted by Takoni
            Awesome,a was planing to do something similar,but with audi a4 b5 1.8t quattro,i dont start yet,im picking up information before start the proyect,but im near to start it.

after see your proyect i wonder why yo dont use b6 pan floor?
            Is necesary to use b3 pan floor?
            i allready own a4 and audi gt and if i want i can buy audi 80 b3 quattro too,but i think is possible to do it,only using a4.
            maybe im not wrigth that is why im asking,sorry if i do stupid question,but im still picking up information.

Other question,wich quattro transmision you use audi 80s or aaudi a4?
            Hello!

Don't buy a B3 Quattro (nor B3, B4). Such a donor is useful only if you want to do a Quattro conversion close to the factory specs, using B2 transmission, subframes and suspension.

B5 and later platforms are completely different than the B4 and older ones. Major modifications requiring a lot of precise fabrication are required to fit the running gear of a post B4 car.

There is no "user manual" for projects like this. I decided to weld in B6 front chassis rails because I wanted to have a close to factory suspension geometry. I went with a custom rear chassis since my B6 donor car was severely damaged in the rear end. B6 rear suspension is not so sophisticated as the front multilink structure. If an undamaged rear end was available, I would consider this as an alternative way to go.

If you just want to build an AWD car with the 1.8 20vt engine, just buy a quattro donor (any b2, b3 or B4). You "only" have to swap the rear floorpan and suspension turrets that fit nicely to the coupe gt. The engine will require minor modifications to the front subframe, if any at all.

If you want to create a unique car, throw away all the mechanical parts of the coupe gt and be prepared for a lot of fabrication and welding. This is what I decided to do. I will be using every single part of the B6. It's not easy but I hope it will come up nice.

I wish you good luck with your project.

Comment

More progress on the rear...

Comment

Coming along great =)
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

Great job man,looking forward to se more of your job

Comment

Rear subframe test fit!

Last edited by Error404; 2 January 2019, 20:24.

Comment

Interesting picture gallery, great resto project all the same

Comment

very nice project even if i'm not fond of 4 cylinders
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy new year mate,how is is the proyect going?

Comment

Hello boys!

We are slowly progressing... More photos and progress report soon!

If anybody knows where I can find a pair of steel urquattro rear quarter panels or a front bumper please PM me!

Comment

Try this man https://www.s2forum.com/member/459-urquattrob81 might be able to source for you

Comment

One step closer to finishing rear suspension fabrication...

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X