Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of my 91'mod audi s2 coupe 3b

So, I thought maybe it was time to make a thread about my ongoing project

The car is a Audi S2 91'mod 3b that I bought in 2008 and it was completely original and after driving it a few years I decided in 2012 that i wanted to start restoring the car completely.
    The car itself where actually in good condition, no major rust problems but of course it's a 25 year old car so something is probably in the need to be repaired

I don't have any picture of the car how it looked before i'm afraid, only the small avatar picture that i have in my profile picture.

Her is some picture of the work that i have done to the car so far

Removing the engine and before cleaning

e25372e9-7570-4987-8e9f-6fee885a4fe6_zpsmre7kftt.jpg

After removing engine and a small cleaning

Before i started to remove the body sealer underneath the car

Started to remove the body sealer, it's a realy **** job

Almost finish....

When i was removing the sealer i also found out that somebody have tried to fix the door sill on the right side back and they have done a bad job!
    They have tried to pull out the dent and after they just left the holes from the pulling pins open and put some fiberglas putty over it and paint
    I just replaced it and welded in a new piece

After I welded in the piece I sandblasted the car underneath and sprayed it with 2k polyuretan epoxy primer

It's not finished yet under, still going to put on a couple of layers of 2k black polyuretan paint and then put on sprayable black body sealer before i can start putting back the fuel lines, brake lines and so on.

When i started to take apart the car i saw that one of the rear diff mount on the subframe is a bit rusty and bad and also the metal under where the bracket was standing in the subframe so i made a new diff bracket and made a new piece for the subframe and welded it back on place

I have also started to take apart the inside of the car a little bit but not finish yet

I have done some other small things also, but i didn't take any picture of that.

So, as you can see it's still quite a bit left before the car is finished, but i'm not in a hurry so i'm just going to take it bit by bit
    Last edited by powercar; 13 May 2018, 12:44.
    IG: Alb garage

Looks like a proper thorough job, fair play. Bookmarked for sure.

Comment

wow, that is a real Restoration here , will watch it like an serial
      Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
      Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
      Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

Top job

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice work. Could I bother you for a picture of where the positive battery cable goes thru the fire wall in to the right frame rail? I have got the battery box installed in to my eS2 project but would like a better picture of the positive battery cable routing.
          TIA, Chris
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

nice workmanship
            plans with the engine,rebuild or tuning?
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Wow thats a very impressive job done there fella!! your cars going to last forever with this rebuild!!

Comment

As you said the car was in good condition,never the less impressive
                workmanship on show here.Looking forward to future updates.
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                  Very nice work. Could I bother you for a picture of where the positive battery cable goes thru the fire wall in to the right frame rail? I have got the battery box installed in to my eS2 project but would like a better picture of the positive battery cable routing.
                  TIA, Chris
                  I can take a picture for you, no problem, BUT, for the moment the car is turned back on the side and coverd up from the roof and everything down to the door sills and it is getting ready to get painted again underneath and then sprayed with the body sealer.
                  The plan was to mount the fuel hoses and brake lines before turning it around again and opening the car.
                  So if you have some time to wait and are not in a hurry i can take pictures for you

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                  nice workmanship
                  plans with the engine,rebuild or tuning?
                  The engine is still in the thinking process, but it will definitley get a complete rebuild as an minimum in the process, maybe something extra, time will show

And thank you everyone for the positive feedback, it's always nice to hear

Comment

Excellent job

Keep taking lots of pictures for us
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Excellent job

Keep taking lots of pictures for us
                      Thank you :-)

Of course, pictures makes 80% of the thread in my opinion so will try to take as many as possible for people to see :-)

Comment

Pics

Thank you, no hurry no worries.
                        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Great job mate! Keep posting pics of your resto..! ;-)

Comment

Subscribe looking at the job you guys do to your cars.. Well the bar on writing a tread on my Audi just get higher and higher... What are you guys eating??

Comment

some moore pictures of some other small things that i have done

made some parts for the new fuel system that is going in the car

fuelrail for the fuelpumps, it's not 100% finished yet, just need to find out where to drill the holes for the pump insert before it's ready to go

painted my new intercooler

Comment

Working...
                              X