No announcement yet.

my Abt C5 Coupé S2 or "S2 as Audi should have made it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally managed to complete the removal of the f**** aftermarket alarm. Now waiting for the battery to charge to see if she will start now...

this is the box of horror that came out with the alarm
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Finally managed to complete the removal of the f**** aftermarket alarm. Now waiting for the battery to charge to see if she will start now...

this is the box of horror that came out with the alarm

Comment

Phone decided to post multiple copies....

Comment

There is 1 thing left to do from the alarm, the wire to the central locking in the door was cut, and there is just an inch sticking out. any tips?

Comment

And this shows the level of workmanship that was put in when the alarm was mounted by a "professional"...

Comment

Also did some easy bits

Comment

Next: relais for the lights

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wh5gM8GM70

These seem like a good idea for holding 2 wires together, soldering and heat shrinking all at the same time. Not tried them myself but they do look useful!

Comment

Thanks, might be an idea. Not sure how to heat this in location though

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                      Next: relais for the lights
                      Damn, not working. I had this ready made relais set, which was literally a pain to install (getting under the fuse box), but both dimmed and full beam not working.

Comment

https://youtu.be/rWY5N31aX68

at least the important part is done

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                          And this shows the level of workmanship that was put in when the alarm was mounted by a "professional"...
                          Looks like a proper professional T W A T. To me and I guess most who see this kind of workman ship. Shame he's crawling back into his hole and can't be held to account W⚓ . Still all put right now. Great job fella

Comment

it was a long time since I gave the S2 some attention, but time I continue with the upgrades (and probably some routine and non routine (nw springs & shocks) stuff to get her through MOT again)

started today with the prep for the diff swap: V8 torsen in the rear. I have a V8 rear dif, a spare S2 rear diff, and Jeffer 's instruction, so on with the show:

IMG_20240412_202702Z_HDR.jpg
                            Last edited by Henkjan; 13 April 2024, 00:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                              Well it took us about 30 to 45 minutes to do the whole swap. .
                              after 3 hours I am somewhere halfway step 2 or 3

status S2 dif: drained (see also below) and 1 flange removed.
                              The other one: the bolt will not move (see pic below), and now I damaged it already (even with normal tools)

status V8 dif: drained, both flanges removed. casing cover bolts removed. and now it won't come of (only applied gentle hammering)

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                              What took the most time was the drainplug
                              the V8 dif went smoots, the S2 dif the thing is stuck, but draining can also be done through the filling nozzle

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-13 at 00.36.38_d08f9cc2.jpg

Comment

managed to get all bolts loose today, was a pita job, the material of the allen bolts is rather soft, 3 of them were ****ed when trying to undo them, had to hammer in a torx

next up is cleaning and sourcing a new seal

Comment

Working...
                                X