Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 CQ full build AAN, interior, restore..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvested the last of the goodies. the scrapper comin to get it. The black leather went to a good home friends took what else they wanted. this is whats left...

Comment

Originally posted by kompressorgolf View Post
      Harvested the last of the goodies. the scrapper comin to get it. The black leather went to a good home friends took what else they wanted. this is whats left...

If it was a Quattro should you not get the subframes off it?

Comment

Something to consider. The rear hubs for an S4/6 are the same front & rear. The hubs will not easily be used in the rear of your Coupe though.
        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

And neither are those rear urs4 hubs suitable for you front! Et will change negative 5mm and usual 312/323 rotors will hit the lower balljoint. Been there, done that.
          C4 non S quattro rear hubs are the way to go!
          1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
          *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
          1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

so many parts to pick up !! (front fenders, side trim...) :-)
            tof
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
              And neither are those rear urs4 hubs suitable for you front! Et will change negative 5mm and usual 312/323 rotors will hit the lower balljoint. Been there, done that.
              C4 non S quattro rear hubs are the way to go!
              Using the front hubs from an S4/6 is a popular way to do a front 5-lug conversion on this side of the world.
              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                Using the front hubs from an S4/6 is a popular way to do a front 5-lug conversion on this side of the world.
                Front hubs, you mean by that UFO hubs, then Jes, with considerable machineing they are usable.

Rear S4/S6 hubs i ment, as i talked about on top, dont work as using them with audi different 300++mm rotors(30mm thick) and type89 legs.
                There are lots of information about that in here...
                1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

I am getting out of the 20v game (slightly) in favor of o7k and I have some stuff you may want.
                  I have OEM black interior trim for a coupe (so you dont have to paint)
                  034 IIc Stand alone ECU with plug and play harness for AAN
                  034 High output coil set (used but in good condition)
                  034 Tube Header with T4 flange
                  Wagner Rs2 Evo replica exhaust manifold in k24 flange (new in box)
                  Volvo k24-7400 turbo and extra k24 exhaust housing (Needs machine work to fit to an AAN)

I even have a Tall deck block and have a 95.5mm Crank on its way from europe, if you want to make a stroker.

I have a bunch of other little stuff and OEM stuff too, and I am located in Ohio so shipping will be easier

Comment

The partout car is in terrible condition, its salvage title. the wings are full of bondo. there are some things I would've saved if I had the room. not much space for activities lol. All my interior trim from the shoulders up with be re-trimmed in alcantara like the door card inserts, as well as the headliner. Car will be fairly modest. I want it to be fairly plug and play. stock ecu with 034 gt3071 files. I will use the front hubs with re-drilled CQ rotors for now, till I can afford to source BBK stuff. Plan is to make it a driver this winter/spring, enjoy it for a couple month, and do a full re-spray in vw bambus grey, or nimbus grey. Waiting on my goodies from 034 for some work this weekend. Doing aluminum subframe bushings, front and rear, rear track rods with heim joints. and new diff mounts. Ill get some shots of the car this time for cryin out loud!

Comment

Got some bad news last night, and some really good news.

Bad is exhaust manifold is cracked, kinda assumed it was anyways.

But the really good news is there are no crack anywhere in the head
                      cylinders 1-5, number 5 looks like crack but is not.

Cylinder 5^ is a little oily, it showed the worst compression figures at 70psi. the cylinder do have a tiny lip. if out of specs I have some 81.5 wossner 8.0-1 turbo pistons for a 1.8 vw 16v that I believe will work in an AAN/3B id just need one more...

Overall pretty happy with condition of the engine, was even pretty clean inside and out so far

Who does everyone recommend for good piston rings? and where to get em? also bearings, whos had good luck with what? in searching Goetz rings seem to be the most available... unsure of quality however.

Comment

Having some trouble finding a couple gaskets for the block? I can find almost everything, but as it all has to come off, besides audi is there a place to get the round oil filter housing gasket?

Comment

Reinz kits has everything.

http://pro-ht.mbnet.fi/Audi_URS4/oth...artnumbers.htm

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

These kits are getting pretty scarce. NLA in the shops I'm looking.

Comment

the head kit is widely available but block stuff im having trouble except oil pan and crank seals

Comment

Got load of work done, including getting some car shots finally, lol. Did all my subframe bushings from 034, rear tie rods from 034 and rear diff bushings. Drilling the rubber on the subframe bushings by far the easiest method while on the car. I was very excited to get rid of my rear thump on and off throttle, and ive made it all worse, and realized all my slip appears to be from the rear diff itself I get a good thump, forward and reverse and gearchanges, that sometimes sends an aweful clang sound reverberating through the prop shaft. I thought it was my wasted rear ties rods, but it is not looking for a second hand diff as I know they are tricky to rebuild, and with the sounds its making it must be pretty loose/worn. anyways here are some pics.

034 rear ties

rear diff mounts

Shots of the car, have a bit of body damage needs taken care of, no rust, just a little beat up, worst of it will be the rockers. People mashed them all up jacking it up. LR corner has bumper damage and quarter panel, RR quarter panel and FR wing and new bumper.

more to come soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X