Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Will follow this build
    But I have a question
    Is there an Audi running round with a Skyline engine in it?

Comment

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
      Awesome. Will follow this build
      But I have a question
      Is there an Audi running round with a Skyline engine in it?
      As far as we've discovered, only this one. The old owners buddy have a S13 with a 20V pushing around 800 to the wheels

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Comment

Last owner broke hes RB engine 4 times, and they where not cheap.
        So it is now living its last days as a table
        He got tired, and wanting something reliable, therefor the AAN swap.
        And also the only reason why i bought it in the first place obviously.

My urs6 saloon
        My r33 twincharge AAN

Comment

Another crazy Norwegian build

Comment

That's one of the coolest tables I've ever seen!

Comment

Looking forward to the build

Any concerns about oil with the engine vertical?
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                Looking forward to the build

Any concerns about oil with the engine vertical?
                We're making a new oilpan/sump, so I don't think that'll be a problem

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a cool build. All the best with it!

Comment

Hopefully it will!
                    We dont have any heat in the current garage, so motivation could be better..
                    My urs6 saloon
                    My r33 twincharge AAN

Comment

I just love this build, sent pics of it to my Nissan RB friends along with the RB Table, told them finally a Nissan with power and reliability...

Comment

Although I like the project, I'm really struggling with the ideas around reliability...

The RB engine at high power levels, when built correctly, is relatively stronger than a similar power I5 engine...

If there was an issue with building a reliable RB originally... I can't see why a switch to an I5 will help...

Good luck 🖒
                        Last edited by LHD_Kid; 17 January 2017, 07:54. Reason: Typo
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                          Although I like the project, I'm really struggling with the ideas around reliability...

The RB engine at high power levels, when built correctly, is relatively stronger than a similar power I5 engine...

If there was an issue with building a reliable RB originally... I can't see why a switch to an I5 will help...

Good luck 🖒
                          There's alot of good help in Norway, regarding building a bulletproof I5. There's guys running 800+ whp season after season, only changing axles here. RB's blow up, that's it. 2JZ's are better, but it's not an I5

Comment

Now, since we haven't started on the Skyline yet, I thought I might show you why.

I have already said I'm working on a ice-car. This is a friend of me and Crimatix's car.
                            An Audi A4 B5, with a UrS4 engine (I believe it's a 3B?)

We're rush-building it, they're supposed to go iceracing in 1,5 week or something.

Started off by making a mountingframe for the intercooler

Then I had to make a new end-tank om the intercooler, to avoid 3 meters of boostpiping

When you mount the IC, you have to shove it straight into the turbo. and there's a 30-40cm welded pipe between the inletmanifold and the cold side of the IC. I like to call it the Frankencooler

As you might notice, there's not exactly alot of room for a radiator here

So we cut out basically 80% of the trunk, and fabricated a frame, and airshrouds etc

Comment

Definately not a 3B engine if it's out of an UrS car it will be an AAN engine

Comment

Hehe yup. Its AAN
                                hes just confused because my engine is a 3b i guess hehe
                                My urs6 saloon
                                My r33 twincharge AAN

Comment

Working...
                                X