No announcement yet.

V8 Torsen on rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found a V8 diff for £150 if anyone interested?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

YES!!! Can i paypal ya?

Comment

@ Paul - I would think the car would have to be in neutral to allow both wheels of LSD to turn as the propshaft will also turn if both wheels are turning the same way.

It's a bit of a misleading test as an open diff can do this with no load on it, and LSDs can actually turn opposite ways if they don't have lots of load/preload (unless it's some kind of ratcheting diff like a Detroit Locker!), but the procedure would probably be more along the lines of testing with car in gear, if the wheels turn opposite ways it's more likely to be open diff, and if the wheels meet resistance to turning while in gear, it's more likely some kind of LSDiff.

__MDC__
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

@ Greg, keep looking for those Diffs, I might like one!!

__MDC__
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Totally OT but it sort of came up in Keeper of the kitten's thread.

I recently built a Formula SAE car. In the back we used a Torsen. Now, the rules stated that if a LSD of some sort was used it was ok to just mount a brake disc on the diff and use that as a center brake instead of brakes at both rear wheels. Well, it works out just nice as long as you don't brake when one wheel is in the air - which it never will be if you run the car only at the SAE event (as the speed is so slow you get a headache from watching it). If you do run it at high speed, the inner wheel lifts AND you hit the brake... Well all it will try to stop is the engine. Once the diff housing comes to a complete stop the wheel in the air starts to spin backwards. Guess what happens when it hits the ground turning as fast as the wheel that was in the ground only the other way??? Breakdown.

Comment

Yesterday Cees and I have mounted a V8 diff in the S2 coupe housing. It really is a dead easy job.
              Were hopefully putting it somewhere this week on the car. The S2 is running probably tonight, then 500 km breaking in again. And thennnn we get some sideways action

Hope to diff works ok with 500+ hp, hehe

Cheers
              RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
              RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
              Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
              High Octane website

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                I have found a V8 diff for £150 if anyone interested?
                Have you still got this? Swap you for a couple of 7A cams !
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

afraid not mate, went to someone else on the forum. PM me about cams though
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yep its on its way to the back of my ur. Should fe fun with a locable center diff and 450bhp.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                      Yesterday Cees and I have mounted a V8 diff in the S2 coupe housing. It really is a dead easy job.
                      Were hopefully putting it somewhere this week on the car. The S2 is running probably tonight, then 500 km breaking in again. And thennnn we get some sideways action

Hope to diff works ok with 500+ hp, hehe

Cheers
                      Jeffer - can you help me write up a 'how to' as I'd like to document this properly here and on S2central.net ?

Paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                        Jeffer - can you help me write up a 'how to' as I'd like to document this properly here and on S2central.net ?

Paul
                        No Problem. We made pictures of it aswell. I'll mail it to you this weekend.

Cheers
                        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                        RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                        High Octane website

Comment

Working...
                        X