No announcement yet.

RS2 Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't expect 3D printed plastic to take the heat in all honesty....

Comment

If Audi Tradition would do it at a decent price, and not their normal mad prices, we'd all be sorted, but snow in hell may happen quicker with this particular dream.

Given the availability / price of second hand ones, I would be thinking that you might be as well off getting you hands on a good photo of an RS2 air box and using a loudspeaker bass tube to adapt an S2 air box to 'become' an RS2 air box.

While there are a number of subtle differences between an RS2 and S2 air box, once the inlet hole is made bigger in a sympathetic manner, imho, you've 80% changed the S2 air box into an RS2 air box ?

Just my tuppence......

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post

Given the availability / price of second hand ones, I would be thinking that you might be as well off getting you hands on a good photo of an RS2 air box and using a loudspeaker bass tube to adapt an S2 air box to 'become' an RS2 air box.

While there are a number of subtle differences between an RS2 and S2 air box, once the inlet hole is made bigger in a sympathetic manner, imho, you've 80% changed the S2 air box into an RS2 air box ?

That is what I have done so far as bang for buck its a good improvement (ABY airbox + £5 for a ebay bassport, however the RS2 airbox also opens up airflow through the front of the arifilter by raising the front of the top of the airbox.

I dont know what would be a bigger restriction to airflow? OR if either are significant at stock/RS2 power levels? (though Audi/Porsche obviously thought so?

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I presume both are oem in the photo ?

Comment

A dyno test needs to be done on a car with each airbox, stock aby, aby with big inlet then RS2 to see what the differences really are.

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              That is what I have done so far as bang for buck its a good improvement (ABY airbox + £5 for a ebay bassport, however the RS2 airbox also opens up airflow through the front of the arifilter by raising the front of the top of the airbox.

I dont know what would be a bigger restriction to airflow? OR if either are significant at stock/RS2 power levels? (though Audi/Porsche obviously thought so?

Given that the output looks to be the same size wouldn't the max possible ariflow remain the same? Are the throttles on S2 and RS2 the same?

Only gain I can see there is a small increase in efficiency of the airflow but does it really make that much difference? Better off spending the money on more boost or some bigger injectors, cams etc.

or am I very uninformed?

Comment

Just looking at the above comparison photo, does the RS2 airbox house a different filter- one with more depth and hence surface area?

Comment

I work at a 3D printing company.

We could print it in SLS which the cheapest and strongest. It is nylon powder so will take close to 180 degrees Celsius.

However the price will be steep, we are properly over 1000gbp and we would require a 3D file.

If there is no 3d file it needs to be scanned.

So I honestly can't see why you would want to print it.
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Sure the filters are the same, but going by my previous lack of knowledge I might be wrong, again

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                      Sure the filters are the same, but going by my previous lack of knowledge I might be wrong, again
                      Your not wrong this time.

Comment

Thanks Gents,

Was looking through Audi tradition for an RS2 airbox- none to be found. Anyone got any other suggestions where I could find one?

S

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                          Your not wrong this time.

Comment

Won't get banned then..for now
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

OK, re-instated.

Last chance though.