Nurburgring video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurburgring video

Loss of my 'ring virginity', hence I was taking it easy...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77631041&hl=en
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

You lost your ring virginity, and we caught it on camera.. NICE
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Yeah not the same ring virginity that you've lost, gimpy boy

Comment

a mini doing an s2 are you mad
        94 s2 avant
        aoc member 1116

Comment

You obviously didn't spot the A2 going past then!

...when you post a sub 9-min lab on your 1st lap of the 'ring I'll accept the flak

Also, the mini was very modified, and he was the one that was mad... from a spectating point, I saw him nearly lose it with 2 wheels on the grass as he took a right-hander at insane speed!

Comment

I'd say about 13mins

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

If the 'ring showed us one thing, it's that its not necessarily about what you have under the bonet.
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Here is a 7.44min (bridge to gantry) lap done by my friend Brendan on an 04 Yamaha R1, I have done several hundred laps and have the same bike and have probably not got within a minute of this time, this is quick

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30652896509604

The lines are good but not quite the same as a car, you can't use the kerbing on a bike Also because the bike brakes and accelerates so well he can square off some of the corners and squirt it out.
                Brendan and his lady Suz run a guest house near the Ring for bikers and drivers. www.slidersguesthouse.com I stay with them when I'm there and have followed Bren round when he slows down to allow me to keep up My times are gradually increasing, its really not about power, although that helps, its about not slowing down when you don't have to and getting relaxed, Bren will say when he does a fast lap that he went out to have some fun and it all came together.
                Last edited by newsh; 10 September 2006, 22:31.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Looks like you had a good time going round it which is all that matters. Best to take it VERY easy until you get some idea of what the track is like. Think my first laps were around 11 minutes getting down to 9.40 after 12 rounds (decided not to push my luck with turn number 13). This in a chipped RS2.

Funniest thing was a passenger lap I took in a Fiat Cinquecento complete with roll cage and 1.2 punto engine. Not only did we overtake bikes in corners he managed to lap faster than a 911. 12 seconds quicker with a 100kilo weight penalty (ie me) in his little Fiat than me in the RS2.

Even though the 'ring is a power circuit it's more about track knowledge, driving skill and having big enough balls not to care about the consequences.

Comment

Was out there in September in the Golf.
                    Only managed three laps but did a 9.50 ish on my first attempt, lots of traffic as the weather was glorious so the next lap was pretty similar - just over 10 mins
                    Following my mate in his 200sx on our third lap he went straight off at Adenour Forst (Sp?) and i got sucked in watching him go off! - result one bulging sidewall after hitting the kerb!.
                    Done about 20 trackdays over the years and never been off so be carefull who you follow if your on an unfamiliar circuit!
                    Could i get a tyre out there - not a chance!
                    Hopefully back out there sometime soon.

Pete.
                    'If you ain't broke it you ain't trying hard enough'

Oh sh*t i broke it

94 S2 Homefried Decatted Slipperwagon,QRS Top Mounts,Ally Subframe bushes,Poly ARB & Wishbone bushes,RS2 ARB's,Koni & H&R's,Cupra Brembo's and 312mm discs

Comment

Adenauer Forst is where all the newbies go off, not surprisingly, its designed to fool you, I got knocked off my bike there by a car driver on his second ever lap, he though the track went straight on and tried to overtake me, 3 days in intensive care...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Funny thing is on my first two laps i was fine!.
                        I knew it was coming for the first two laps as i had no one in front of me so i was going from memory of what id learnt from watching countless videos prior to the trip.
                        Obviously i cant blame my mate but not seeing his brake lights come on at all on the crest (he was about 70 yds in front) threw my concentration completely ...
                        As for taking a bike round there - you must be mad ...
                        Another friend came out on his R1 and only put in one lap - it was just too dangerous for him - he'd only just got the R1 (from a ZX6R), he didnt know the track and the sheer volume of traffic put him off and he is a bloody good rider - he rides with an Ex Pro Yamaha racer most weekends - if that doesnt say something about the place then i dont know what does......
                        'If you ain't broke it you ain't trying hard enough'

Oh sh*t i broke it

94 S2 Homefried Decatted Slipperwagon,QRS Top Mounts,Ally Subframe bushes,Poly ARB & Wishbone bushes,RS2 ARB's,Koni & H&R's,Cupra Brembo's and 312mm discs

Comment

Yeah, the first 50 or so laps on a bike are pretty scary, then you start to get to know the track properly, after that it gets better

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Nice1, whats the point in showing off and ruining your pride and joy?! LOL @ the guy holding the dash at about 5minutes in. And I agree, you don't know "what some of those guys are farkin' pushing" (lol at the londoner).
                            Car sounds good btw!

_phil
                            ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

Comment

LOL just noticed this one on the 'video list', hadn't seen the last updates! @ Newsh you're a mad ******* taking it on with an R1 (as is the mate in the vid!) I'm well up for another trip out if some of you guys are regulars!!

My 2nd lap was great, one passenger less and with some experience to guide me round too. I agree, it's alot about knowing where you can keep speed as I was evidently alot slower into many of the more sweeping corners than what's possible - I didn't appreciate before hand how blind many of them are! I found with guidance on lap 2 I could get the power down so much sooner than I'd have thought; the corners are generally quite cambered in your favour and when you know where to nail it, it feels great to power out, feel it drifting out from the apex and then kiss the kerb as you straighten out... cant wait to go back

Cheers
                              Ross

Comment

Working...
                              X