ABY crank locking tool wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin,

Check to see whether the accessory pulley will unbolt. If you can push it back toward the engine, it might allow use of one of the tools, Audi or otherwise!
    The reason I'm asking for those dimensions is that I have a tool for the 5 cyl in VW commercials. This folds rounds the engine and is secured by a bolt through that strange lug with the hole in it on the side of the engine. I have tried an RR pulley and it doesent fit as the lug is too wide on the pulley!

Comment

Robin. Its about 15mm from the face of pulley to the top of that big lug, my 3B locking tool only just located on it by a couple of mm.
      I need to get it all off to be able to get the oil pump off.

Comment

Martin,

I've just doublechecked. That other tool does fit the RR lug. It has about 25mm of depth, so should have at least 10mm engagement on the lug. More would be good but it might work. There is quite a lot of meat on the bracket. As long as it is jammed against the lug on the block it might get you out of trouble. Can't post a pic as I can't resize. Pm me your email address and I'll show you what I mean!

Comment

PM on its way Robin.
          Here's a pic of it btw.
          Attached Files

Comment

Martin,

That looks exactly like the ABY pulley I've got on my car. If the internal 'key' is about 45mm long and the total internal length is approx 70mm it is the same.(Internal diameter is approx 66mm)

The tool I made up will sit on the snub mount - you'll need to refit it and it'll let you crack the crank bolt open.

If these dimensions are the same as the pulley in your picture and you want to borrow the homemade version. Please let me know by PM (include your address) before midday tomorrow - that way I can ship to you for the weekend - save you getting bored!

cheers
            Raymond

I'll make shiney versions once my new garage is built!
            1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
            1987 CQ85RS
            1994 S2 Avant- Gone
            1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
            Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
            Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Comment

Working...
            X