Spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacers?

Hi just picked up my s4 wheels. They are mint and they have michelin pilots on with about 5mm tread for a bargain 80 quid . Anyway just wondering if anyone had some 10mm spacers that they would like to sell? Also will i need longer bolts? Has anybody got some of them for sale? If not where is the best place to get them as there are loads about but some very cheap and im wondering if they are a little dodgy. Thanks for your help
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Can someone tell me what i should be looking for to fit the s4 wheels? i no i will need 10mm spacers but will i need some longer bolts to? Im trying to find the best place to buy them any ideas? thanks for your help
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

i know someone who has longer bolts for sale

Comment

Would i need longer bolts just for 10mm sapcers? If so how long should they be?

Comment

Originally posted by stevieyid
          Would i need longer bolts just for 10mm sapcers? If so how long should they be?
          From my expierence - for alloy wheels you need same amount longer bolts is the spacer you add. However it depends on the design of the wheels. Have heard somewhere, that you need at least 10 turns of bolt in the thread.

Sau
          200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
          CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Check how much thread sticks out when you put a bolt through one of the old wheels, you want the same amount with the new wheel plus its spacer. It may be worth changing to studs though, the wheels will be a lot easier to fit. Also worth checking, does the wheel still centre on the hub with the spacer in between? If not you will need a different kind of spacer with a nose that locates in the wheel.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X