Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo 7400 chipsets

Alright guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Volvo 7400 chipsets available for ABY ECU with R201 mod.

I currently have S2central ones fitted and intrigued to see how others compare.

Cheers
    Gordon

I'm also very interested in chip sets for the K24 7400 hybrids, partly so I can offer a complete package with the hybrids I build up, also I may give one a whirl on my B3 Saloon project during the running in stage.

I'll be in touch soon Gorden, life is super hectic for me at the moment mate..
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Hi Kit,

There seems to be a serious shortage of options for these chip sets, guess it's not that popular a turbo conversion. Yes there is a wee bit off jiggery pokery needed to make it work but ends up being a fairly need install.

Be good if more chips become available, I'm all for trying a really aggressive map!

Get in touch whenever mate, be good to hear from you.

Comment

I would love to see a complete kit with this turbo!
        K24 7400 hybrid+ injectores+ chipsets + whatever needed

will be following this thread!

Comment

Bumpety bump for this thread. Any new 7400 chipsets on the market that are good?
          Cheers

Comment

Marc @ EFI express and Matt Felbaum at S&M autosport sell pretty solid and reliable 7400 turbo. I currently have both and am going between both.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Bumpety bump for some 7400 chipsets. Anyone UK based done this conversion lately?
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                  Bumpety bump for some 7400 chipsets. Anyone UK based done this conversion lately?
                  Cheers
                  Just got myself a Volvo turbo, just wondering if you ended up getting different chips?

I am tempted myself to send my ECU to S&M to have the work done as ideally I want the MAF deleting.

Comment

Hi Nathan, no I'm still using the same chipset I purchased off S2 central. I never used the car much last year due to the various jobs I was doing to it, however that's all complete now so looking forward to clocking up some miles this year. I'm keen to try a different chipset but getting a hold of some in the UK is not so easy. Good turbo though, nice and responsive. Bit of a ball ache getting it to fit but worth the effort once complete.

Comment

Hi Nathan, no I'm still using the same chipset I purchased off S2 central. I never used the car much last year due to the various jobs I was doing to it, however that's all complete now so looking forward to clocking up some miles this year. I'm keen to try a different chipset but getting a hold of some in the UK is not so easy. Good turbo though, nice and responsive. Bit of a ball ache getting it to fit but worth the effort once complete.
                      What issues did you have with fitting and any tips?

And I am either going to send the ECU off to be mapped with thr map delete, or look at a new ECU. Given the MAF is of an unknown age I don't know how well it works and if it dies replacing it is becoming impossible, so makes sense to just get that out of the way.

Comment

Here is some info mate from when I did the conversion, It shows the various bit and pieces required for the installation.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ation-in-s2-3b

Yes the MAF issue is a pain, my refurbed one didn't cover many miles before issues with it. However the Hotwire is still intact so something electronically has playing up. I'm going to open it up and inspect to see what I can find. Failing that there's a place in Australia that refurbs them so might send it to them.

https://peconline.com.au/products/re...di-s4-c4-aan-1

Hope this helps

Cheers
                        Gordon

Comment

Here is some info mate from when I did the conversion, It shows the various bit and pieces required for the installation.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ation-in-s2-3b

Yes the MAF issue is a pain, my refurbed one didn't cover many miles before issues with it. However the Hotwire is still intact so something electronically has playing up. I'm going to open it up and inspect to see what I can find. Failing that there's a place in Australia that refurbs them so might send it to them.

https://peconline.com.au/products/re...di-s4-c4-aan-1

Hope this helps

Cheers
                          Gordon
                          Where did you have the VBand connection machined and does the standard hose now slip over?

Luckily for the turbo to MAF ive ordered the 70mm larger pipe from Do88 to save messing.

And for the price of the MAF refurb I'd personally look toward the speed density mod or new ECU.

I was speaking a lot to Matt from S&M in the states last night and he seems very clued up and is willing to do the work, but his map is currently with the Siemens Deka injectors.

Comment

maxxecu race version. works great

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post

Where did you have the VBand connection machined and does the standard hose now slip over?

Luckily for the turbo to MAF ive ordered the 70mm larger pipe from Do88 to save messing.

And for the price of the MAF refurb I'd personally look toward the speed density mod or new ECU.

I was speaking a lot to Matt from S&M in the states last night and he seems very clued up and is willing to do the work, but his map is currently with the Siemens Deka injectors.
                              A local machine shop removed the VBand connection for me. Yes I utilised the standard hose for the compressor outlet, however it needed to be cut and some aluminium joiners used. The 3" cobra hose wouldn't it behind the headlight so had to go with a smaller one, space is at a premium in this area and the compressor housing sits further forward than the standard turbo which is what causes issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X