B8 S4 Avant wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B8 S4 Avant wanted

I have been looking to buy a replacement for my S2 Avant before I sell it since about last summer. I have always wanted a B8 S4 Avant in sprint blue. The problem is I can't seem to find the S4 avant I want. My lists of things I want with the car are:

- Sprint blue
    - Audi drive select
    - Sports active diff
    - Manual
    - Below 70,000 miles

I just can't seem to find one. I would compromise on the colour if i had to but they all seem to be S tronic or 100,000+ miles or are sprint blue but with no extras I want. Anybody know where I might find one or best place to look?

Great cars, don't be put off by the STronic box. Mine is at 75,000 miles and painted in Audi Racing Ming Blue. Easily tuned up to 480PS by MRC too There's not many of them about though; took some time to find mine.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Never seen one in that colour before. I will be putting the S2 up for sale in the next week or two so I might have to start looking at an S tronic model. Failing that the only other cars that I fancy are an C7 S6 avant or a 997 carrera 4 but I will hold out for a sprint blue manual S4 until then!

Comment

Only the pre facelift cars had the option of a manual gearbox. The facelift cars are all STronic, facelift was roughly 2011. The early manual cars are subject to the higher tax bracket at roughly £500 per year due to higher emissions than the STronic. Drive select is quite a rare option too, I found when looking at these its always a compromise on spec. great cars though.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to come round to the fact that if I want one with the sport diff and active suspension I will probably have to get an S tronic model. I still have a bit of time as I can't see the S2 selling quickly at this time of year even if I have it priced sensibly to sell.

Comment

What engine is in the B8 S4?
            I meant to ask Steve for a look round his at CC but missed the opportunity!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

3.0 V6 supercharged
              91 Modded 3B

Comment

Just had mine in for its STronic oil change today. Shifting nicely. I think Audi's 37K service schedule is too high, I'll be doing it sooner next time.
                91 Modded 3B

Comment

I'm sure I read some where that the active rear diff has to be serviced at the same 37k interval. Was your gearbox showing signs of needing the oil and filter changed or was just after the service you noticed it was a bit smoother? If I buy one with a S tronic i will be making sure it's got the service history to show gearbox services!

Comment

It was due it's service and I'd started to notice it wasn't changing smoothly on the downshift in lower gears. I spend a fair bit of time in city traffic, so it's easy to spot. With the new oil it certainly feels better immediately.
                    91 Modded 3B

Comment

Thanks, good to know what to look out for. I have only have one automatic car I my life it was a BMW e36 with over 170,000 miles on it. It wasn't great but it was probably down to the mileage!

Comment

Working...
                      X