Wanted: 3B rhd throttle pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 3B rhd throttle pedal

Seems i have managed to sheer the floating pedal from the pedal assembly, so presuming i need a whole new one to replace it with. Looks like the plastic has aged and gone brittle causing it to break off.

anyone got one in good shape or confirm if the floating pedal can be replaced on its own...?

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Think you can only buy complete unit, I remember they were about £150 from AT.
    I got a second hand one for around £30 and it snapped a few weeks later
    It has that spring in the back of the pedal so I took the assembly off the car and wrapped the pedal on tight in the right place with an elastic band.
    Then drilled a pilot hole each side of the pivot point and used two cut down black plasterboard screws.
    You can hardly see them an it works really good on the thin shank.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the tip i will need to check it out in the daylight on exactly what sheered but yep, anticipating that by age they are probably all close to doing the same anyway if 2nd hand.
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Screw method works well. Mine snapped years ago and still going strong with a self tapper
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I broke mine recently while struggling with replacing the throttle cable, will have to look at the self tapper method.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X