Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy? Clear front Indicators

Hi

I am after replacement clear front indicators for the S2.

Eurocarparts, GSF, all out.

Ebays offerings are from Italy or Latvia - i'll pass on that thanks :/

Buying the most simple parts for this car is literally making me want to throw myself into moving traffic. Its safe to say that I cannot wait to get the F*** out of S2 ownership. At the moment it feels like the car is owning me. I am far more fond of the Mrs' Aygo at the moment.

eBay ones are fine I've bought lots of stuff from Eastern Europe always come good

Comment

I bought a pair from Audi Tradition last year and they were surprisingly a reasonable price

I haven't got around to fitting them yet. That's another story
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rhys View Post
        Hi

Buying the most simple parts for this car is literally making me want to throw myself into moving traffic. Its safe to say that I cannot wait to get the F*** out of S2 ownership. At the moment it feels like the car is owning me. I am far more fond of the Mrs' Aygo at the moment.
        Haha...yep thats a sign you really like it, believe me, i have felt like that for 20 years but wouldnt get shot of it
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Hi

That qoute about Italy or Latvia was meant in what sense? Btw Tradition has them ~75€ both.

Comment

I’ve bought loads of stuff from Latvia and Bulgaria without any problems. Try ebay.de.
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Have a look through this guy’s stuff
              https://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-S2-80-C...cAAOSwBYpd4oDt
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Or maybe closer to home here? Worth a message to see if they are still available
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-80-B...QAAOSw3d9eIGOZ
                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Those cheap aftermarket indicators available new are B3 90 fitment. Usable on B4 and looks somewhat ok from a distance, but on closeup:

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                    Those cheap aftermarket indicators available new are B3 90 fitment. Usable on B4 and looks somewhat ok from a distance, but on closeup:
                    Mine are like that, I never realised it was wrong! Haha

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

And don't have the "indoor" grille inside; like OE sidelights
                      photobucket SUCKS
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I do try to maintain positivity with the car, it could be a lot worse! I feel sorry for those that have bigger issues!

Out of all the help offered on this thread alone, the only options are;

New aftermarket that don't fit exactly how they should,
                        Second hand in ropey condition,
                        Keep the ambers that one of the previous owners must have prefered?

This just further enforces my desire to sell ASAP, if there was something major to go wrong with the car, replacement indicators (of all things!) are actually impossible to get hold of unless im willing to compromise on quality and fitment.

This is not the place for it, but once the paint is done and presentable by my standards (minus clear indicators), I will need to sell at £10k just to get my money back.

I love the community here, the determination to keep these on the road here is INSANE - I have so much respect for the forum sticking together.

Ps. I meant no disrespect in not wanting to order from Italy, Latvia, etc. Im a bit old school in the sense that I prefer to drive down the road to Audi or TPS to pick up parts and you really could only five years ago now!

Much love fellas, I think correct fitting ambers are what I will just settle on :/

Comment

Part numbers:
                          8A0953056A & 8A0953055A

Available from Tradition and autodoc etc. MAGNETI MARELLI make the OEM indicators:
                          https://www.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/1855599

They are ~25 year old cars now. Perhaps buy a new car if you want new car parts availability!

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                            Part numbers:
                            8A0953056A & 8A0953055A

Available from Tradition and autodoc etc. MAGNETI MARELLI make the OEM indicators:
                            https://www.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/1855599

They are ~25 year old cars now. Perhaps buy a new car if you want new car parts availability!
                            I appreciate the part numbers;

Im not sure if you checked availability on either Autodoc or Audi tradition though? - Not Available on either.

"They are ~25 year old cars now. Perhaps buy a new car if you want new car parts availability! "

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...il-lights.html - I have a guy in work who is so old he thinks the internet is out to get him, so I ordered him in a set of rear lamps for his 60 year old Type 2. Took me 10 minutes including the time I wasted taking the piss out of him.

For acknowledging my point! Only 25 years old and no availability on parts, I thought I was losing my mind! Thank you!

Comment

I appreciate the part numbers;

Im not sure if you checked availability on either Autodoc or Audi tradition though? - Not Available on either.

"They are ~25 year old cars now. Perhaps buy a new car if you want new car parts availability! "

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/...il-lights.html - I have a guy in work who is so old he thinks the internet is out to get him, so I ordered him in a set of rear lamps for his 60 year old Type 2. Took me 10 minutes including the time I wasted taking the piss out of him.

For acknowledging my point! Only 25 years old and no availability on parts, I thought I was losing my mind! Thank you!

Audi are really terrible, it can't be denied! Didn't realise they were now OOS on Autodoc... Tradition still have them, probably, if the website starts working after the weekend we'll be able to see!

Comment

Working...
                              X