Audi RS2 MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi RS2 MAF

Hi, i am looking for RS2 MAF new (if it even possible) or used on working condition.
    I have a problem with idle, changed everything (plugs, coils, POS, ISV, checked for leaks under pressure).
    Also done the MAF test voltage between pins 1-3 on idle 2,35 V (should be 2,5) after blip of throttle gots only around 3V ( should be 3-5v)

Hi… I have a brand new Rs2 maf from Bosch … woukd want 1250 euro plus postage .

Comment

Originally posted by luki95 View Post
      Hi, i am looking for RS2 MAF new (if it even possible) or used on working condition.
      I have a problem with idle, changed everything (plugs, coils, POS, ISV, checked for leaks under pressure).
      Also done the MAF test voltage between pins 1-3 on idle 2,35 V (should be 2,5) after blip of throttle gots only around 3V ( should be 3-5v)
      I had very similar issues last year, it ended up being the throttle blade in the throttle body, the knife edge had carbon build up on it. Take the intake hose off of the body so that you can see the throttle plate and open the throttle on the cam alongside it. Open it and you will see if its clean or carboned up, give it good clean with carb cleaner and a cloth, I got loads of crap off of it, once it was cleaned it idled perfectly.

With the carbon on it, it wasnt closing fully and not giving a fully closed signal to the ECU, which in turn should open the ISV accordingly, the the ISV was swinging open and closed giving some really odd idle revs. Its really easy to check and a real easy and cheap fix too.

Comment

Hi, i am looking for RS2 MAF )
        S2 Maf is plug and play on rs2, only deference is the mesh.

sigpic_________
        Rob

Comment

I have an almost new RS2 MAF, tested and working perfect on my car.
          There’s a small amount of damage to the plastic “mesh” I would take £400 for it.
          PM if interested

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robo View Post

S2 Maf is plug and play on rs2, only deference is the mesh.
            Not sure about that Rob, I think you have to use a resistor in the ecu if you change to rs2 maf

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post

Not sure about that Rob, I think you have to use a resistor in the ecu if you change to rs2 maf
              I run my UR on rs2 and aby Maf with no noticeable difference.
              sigpic_________
              Rob

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post

Just done few tests with rs2 and s2 maf's and Sal you are right these mafs are not the same. Rs2 maf will run on s2 but idle is not so good and the engine is not smooth.
                sigpic_________
                Rob

Comment

When I had mine mapped, I remember mihnea soldering in a resistor due to my using an rs2 maf with s2 ecu

Comment

The resistor R201 swap is for the RS2 based software. Not for the MAF.

What you may be noticing is adaptation due to small differences between mafs. I think if you pull the ECU fuses to zero the adaptation you will not notice any real difference between a good S2 MAF and an RS2 one. The RS2 MAF does flow better though because of the plastic “box mesh” as opposed to the steel wire grill.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X