Wanted S2 (ABY) main Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted S2 (ABY) main Radiator

Looking for a new or very good condition main radiator, Anyone got one for sale before I plug the trigger on buy a new one online.

Chris has one in the for sale section, 3B and ABY rads are the same, fans are different but the radiator itself is interchangeable.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Cheers. Have sent him a message as I was not sure if it was the main or AUX rad for sale

According to etka there is a rad for a 3B & ABY, anyone know the difference
      rad.jpg

Comment

If it’s a Behr, which is the one you want it’ll be interchangeable​​​​​. The mountings points for the fan are in slightly different places, Behr rads come with both sets of holes drilled though so one simply moves the threaded clips about. However If it’s an original brass end tank 3B Nissen’s rad then it won’t be a straight fit.

I have the Behr off a 7A fitted to my RS2.

Comment

I thought these Behr rads were listed as obsolete a long time ago. Isn't that the case?

Comment

All sorted. Just ordered a new NRF radiator which states to have a 44mm core. We will see tomorrow.

Comment

FFS so the NRF radiator only has a 34mm core.

Still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                I thought these Behr rads were listed as obsolete a long time ago. Isn't that the case?
                Yeah, they went NLA some time ago... They do however pop up on eBay occasionally. If you see one for a good price pounce on it!

Sorry to hear the NRF unit wasn't correctly described Lee, dam eBay sellers!

Comment

Hi Lee, I have a very nice Nissens rad which was in my ABY, it had the usual leak at the bottom bracket so I fitted a second hand one and had this one repaired/refurbished and pressure tested by Marsden Radiators, the car is now gone so if you’re interested PM me and we’ll work out a sensible price.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X