ABY crank pulley/vibration damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY crank pulley/vibration damper

My Avant keeps going through alternator belts 3 now and the only thing it looks like is the crank pulley as it wobbles quiet abit.

Does anyone have one for sale ?
    Emerald Green ABY Coupé
    RS2+ Spec
    @audis2kid - instagram

I have a fluid damper.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Without sounding like I'm being stupid as actually I was I had same issue and it was just me being a bit heavy handed tightening the belt, I use one of Alex's adjusters and it took a while to realise how easy it was to over tighten the belt

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        Without sounding like I'm being stupid as actually I was I had same issue and it was just me being a bit heavy handed tightening the belt, I use one of Alex's adjusters and it took a while to realise how easy it was to over tighten the belt
        I suppose so but each time it has shredded i have tried a different tension and still the same
        Emerald Green ABY Coupé
        RS2+ Spec
        @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

I can't help with an ABY/ADU one, I do have 3B/7A ones but they're no use to you, I know brand new ones are no longer available unless AT have found some in the back of a warehouse somewhere.

I can recall a mate buying what Pete Reeve claimed to the last new one in existence back in 2016 and it was dam expensive!
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            I can't help with an ABY/ADU one, I do have 3B/7A ones but they're no use to you, I know brand new ones are no longer available unless AT have found some in the back of a warehouse somewhere.

I can recall a mate buying what Pete Reeve claimed to the last new one in existence back in 2016 and it was dam expensive!
            I do remember reading that you could swap the alternator pulley for a V belt one so then a 3B/7A crank pulley can be used.
            I want to keep it original though and retain an ABY.
            Finding a used one seems to be rare as hens teeth
            Emerald Green ABY Coupé
            RS2+ Spec
            @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Yeah, you can do that and it'll work fine. That's what my RS2 will be getting should it ever need one as I have three good spares sat on the shelf and thankfully my current ADU one has only covered 100K miles and still run's as straight as it did new.

If your really stuck feel free to drop me a PM as like I say I've got three, two of which are spare and I also will have the alternator pulley as well.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
              X