Big nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mafcobell in the UK is where i get all my Metric Bolts

They sell assortments of Cad Plated bolts.

For plain zinc plated and Stainless almost any bolt shop will carry those, but the cad-plated OEM style bolts, flanged, Unflanged, Cad-plated Nylocks, obsure stuff that is OEM looking is hard to find. They also have low profile socket heads.

Comment

oooo. that's an impressive set of nuts.... and bolts. i've worn that one out haven't I?

i'll investigate Mafcobell then. cheers mate. my problem is not knowing what I need to order based on what i have in my hand.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Noel, If it's not on the head of the bolt, I have a cheap tap n die set and you can thread the bolt into the die and it will give you the correct thread and bolt spec and all you need to do is measure the length and the size of the bolt head.

In the interests of Economics, what about restoing the bolts? I know it sounds a pain in the hole, but a couple of days soaking in malt vinegar will remove all the grease rust and nastyness, and a quick scrub with a toothbrush will have them good as new. and the die will clean the threads up a treat...Just a thought..

Comment

that might be worth a bash actually mate. good thinkin'. although the ones i'm removing with a hacksaw because they won't budge or the head has fallen apart may need some macgyver type repairing..... or straight replacement. i'm not daft enough to attempt to replace everything though. i'd be cheaper buying another s2. hehe
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
          X