Wanted S2 coupe towbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted S2 coupe towbar

Im still looking for a good used removable swan-neck towbar for my coupe. This basically limits it to either a genuine VAG or westfalia. Dont mind if some parts are missing as long as the main frame and the removable ball are present.
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

hi!!

This makes two of us as I need to tow my Shetland 535 down to the mooring.....from what I know as I have already been to a tow bar fitting company is that a audi 80 may fit with a few modifications but may have to cut the rear bumper(which isn't an option in my eyes) ....but good luck hunting I have been looking for weeks.

The guy at the centre said if the 80 does fit it'll be roughly £180 if not then the only other option is to get on ordered in and fitted for roughly £290...

But some of us are lucky guys and get what they want if they look hard enough...

Happy hunting and please if you do find any going gimme a shout

Comment

Is an avant one any use?
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

????

I do not have a clue mate sorry !!

Comment

No, Avant bar is completely different and bolts into the chassis rails, the coupe one basically bolts to the boot floor..

I have an original Westfalia bar on my coupe with removable ball, they were really expensive new, about a grand IIRC When the ball is removed you would not know it was there.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I took one off a B3 Saloon a couple of years back, it didn't strike me as easy to fit to the Coupe chassis otherwise I would have kept it for my own use, thought to be honest I didn't offer it to the Coupe so I could be wrong. Sold it on eBay for 20 quid.

Pete with your luck you should fine one by the side of the road or perhaps get given one by an elderly relative.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrimPete View Post
              This makes two of us as I need to tow my Shetland 535 down to the mooring.....from what I know as I have already been to a tow bar fitting company is that a audi 80 may fit with a few modifications but may have to cut the rear bumper(which isn't an option in my eyes) ....but good luck hunting I have been looking for weeks.

The guy at the centre said if the 80 does fit it'll be roughly £180 if not then the only other option is to get on ordered in and fitted for roughly £290...

But some of us are lucky guys and get what they want if they look hard enough...

Happy hunting and please if you do find any going gimme a shout
              Yeah I've been after one for a couple of years, they keep slipping through my fingers... Just gotta keep your ear to the ground and keep it known that your after one I suppose. I just don't want one that I will see when not using it so it has to be removable for me. Avant is completely different and an 80 Quattro one would need a fair bit of modification. I'm holding out for a westfalia CQ or s2 coupe one hopefully.

Comment

If you do a search for coupe westfalia towbar you should find some pics I posted of the install on a coupe.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Hi john,
                  Yeah already seen your threads on this, they look a good piece of kit. You did well to find a new ball!! let me know if you hear of a towbar floating about??

Comment

I've got a spare avant one with a bolt on swan neck ball, same as the one in my avant thread. You could probably make some plates to adapt it to the coupe if you had good welding and fab skilz Only thing is you can still see the bracket when the ball is removed

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Like this

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Any photos of the Avant one before it was fitted, for the lazy members ? i.e. me.

Thanks either way.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                          Any photos of the Avant one before it was fitted, for the lazy members ? i.e. me.

Thanks either way.

Here you go, pics of the Avant towbar which has 2 bars which slide into the chassis legs, coupe does not have chassis legs at the back.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Thanks John, It does look like that with a bit of fettling it could fit… i'll have a think. I wanted something invisible really…

Comment

ha ha ha lol @ Simmons....all my relatives are dead mate!!!....but yeah I may find one somehere...it may still be attached to the car still tho lol

Comment

Working...
                              X