Radical idea for 'OPEN ECU' project ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billman
    Does this Megasquirt has something like a diagnosis like the motronic! Can it check if there a problem with a sensor?

I really wouldn't bother with Megasquirt, i had one installed in my ovlov after the turbo change and it's not the best to play with.

Comment

I used VEMS on my 16v jetta and have been testing it on my RS2 with plug and play connector but haven't got enough time to make it run yet.
      I'll let you know when I get it running properly.

Plan is to get it running with sequential injection, boost control, knock sensing, maybe even water injection and anti lag + launch control.
      4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
      4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
      typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

I have some questions! What is Sequential injection?? What does the motronic in the RS2?

On these systems you could put an EGT and Wideband give the max temperature and Air fuel Ration and then it does it all by itseft?? At least the most of the work?
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

S2 and RS2 fuel injection is sequential. This means that fuel injectors are individually triggered just at the right time by the ECU software.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I have just sorted a motec ecu for my other toy which is blank with no settings when discussing with motec available software ipu port controlled for real time incar mapping up to 16 switch maps stored they have given me a huge list of available sensor inputs most are available for racing so im unaware if things such as aircon are high on the priority list fantastic peice of kit but expensive..

Al
            95 Avant Pearl White -
            R33 V-spec Skyline 666 BAD Pearl Yellow 560bhp
            Evo 6 HKS Bits -Blitz Intercooler, HKS exhaust,Apexi B-C ,Apexi PFC,HKS Manifold,HKS Induction,HKS SSQV , 394@wheels

Comment

Al, you really should use punctuation when you write. Your text is really painful to read!
              4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
              4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
              typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

Working...
              X