stand alone management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kalsket
    Biggest problem at the moment is that over 6000 rpm there are trigger errors. New firmware to get rid of that problem is coming....
    That is supposed to be sorted now. The problem abpove 6K is that the TDC pin and the hall sensor is out of sync because slop in the cambelt. At least thats what the developer told me, and that should be sorted now.... Have a look in the wiki of VEMS. There is more info on the subject.
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Comment

I have to concur that running a 5 cyl engine with one injector driver and threrefore all injectors run at the same time is nothing considered a good solution.
      It works ok on higher revs, but getting a good idle is a PITA as the ecu just injects every x ignition pulses. This means the injection timing on each port is continuously changed and this makes the engine run pretty bad idle. Emission tests may be something that it won't pass.
      This is based on experience running a haltech e6x on 3B.

KMS has 5 ignition outputs and does support 5cyl engines but I doubt it will run nicely at low rpms. Probably a good choise for 4 cyl...
      -

Comment

Originally posted by pnanassy View Post
        If you are on budget you should consider VEMS.I can supply ECU,harness,online support,maps.We have great results with this ECU.
        pnanassy could you post any details on how VEMS is programed what maps you have available and how much for the product suite you are offering above?
        Last edited by Jamo; 19 July 2007, 15:22.

Comment

<insert mutley like laugh>

Jamo - you really dug this one up from the past - well done !

I didn't realise that VEMS shared the programming environment with Megasquirt using this freeware 'MegaTune' utility. Must have a look...

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Heh, Yeh it uses megatune but the ECU must be preconfigured with values before it can be tuned apparently going from a thread on another site.

In fact Peter Nansassy is on that thread as well

Comment

Working...
            X