MAXXecu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXXecu question

Hi , just got the audi started but have pretty high idle , cant find why. Not any expert on tuning. Just want it to have a decent idle before i go to tune it. The idle is about 1600-1700rpm. I tried to add the ziplog file from maxxecu but it did not want to except it.

Best Regards

it should idle at around 1000-1200 with the base map. Did you download the base map from the maxxecu website?

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
      Hi , just got the audi started but have pretty high idle , cant find why. Not any expert on tuning. Just want it to have a decent idle before i go to tune it. The idle is about 1600-1700rpm. I tried to add the ziplog file from maxxecu but it did not want to except it.

Best Regards
      You could try emailing Jonus, I found him very helpful.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Idle speed is controlled by ignition timing and bypass air. (duty cyle of the bypass air solenoid).
        It is quite a complex control blending both controls in closed loop, maintaining a solid idle speed under variable conditions is quite a balancing act for the ECU to achieve, and so to get a solid OEM quality idle under all conditions requires some work to calibrate it.

To get it "about right" is quite easy though.

To get started, your lambda should be 0.95 - 1.00 in the idle areas of the map.
        Set your idle control setting to open loop.
        Set your ignition angle to apprix 10-12 degrees BTDC in the idle areas of the map.
        Then set idle air duty cyle to bring your idle speed to your desired range.
        This will get you near your target under stable conditions.

Send me your tune file and logs if you are struggling.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Idle speed is controlled by ignition timing and bypass air. (duty cyle of the bypass air solenoid).
          It is quite a complex control blending both controls in closed loop, maintaining a solid idle speed under variable conditions is quite a balancing act for the ECU to achieve, and so to get a solid OEM quality idle under all conditions requires some work to calibrate it.

To get it "about right" is quite easy though.

To get started, your lambda should be 0.95 - 1.00 in the idle areas of the map.
          Set your idle control setting to open loop.
          Set your ignition angle to apprix 10-12 degrees BTDC in the idle areas of the map.
          Then set idle air duty cyle to bring your idle speed to your desired range.
          This will get you near your target under stable conditions.

Send me your tune file and logs if you are struggling.
          I tried to post the log files here , not recivable , do you have a mail ?

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
            it should idle at around 1000-1200 with the base map. Did you download the base map from the maxxecu website?
            Yes from website

Comment

2021-03-07_082313.jpg

Is this what you mean with air duty cycle ?

Comment

Yes, the idle duty table controls the opening percentage of the idle control valve.
                You should adjust each cell value as the car warms up to get the idle speed to where you want it. You can do this alongside the warm-up fuel compensation as the car warms up.

The table will end up looking something like this: decreasing idle air duty as coolant temp increases.

2021-03-07 (2).png

You really need to get the fuelling correct before you can really calibrate this table acurately because if the engine is running lean or excessively rich it will make less torque than at stoich and so your idle air value will then be compensating for the fuelling problems and it won't be correct.
                Once you have accurate, stable fuelling and stable idle speed close to target in open loop, you can introduce closed loop control. Remember to turn off lambda control before you attempt to calibate the fuel table, otherwise you will be fighting the ECU.

The engine will want more bypass air from cold and also for a short time after-start which is why you have the separate after-start duty table also. You should calibrate this table after the main open loop idle duty table, in conjunction with the after-start fuel compensation.

HTH
                Alex
                Attached Files
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X