No announcement yet.

VEMS motronic, need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont use boost control at all. ipersonally think the n75 is ok but most are old and dont work too well and a stand alone controller works far better. some here say its rice. but its simple. what works works. for that reason i cannot comment on boost control.

on the misfire side. yes i too have some issues. not all the time just now and then. i have read of high rpm trigger issues. very difficuly to prove. its so smooth then bam it misses. auditrigger maybe the problem. im told that a 60-2 will solve this. big job fitting.

currently running 1.123rc.

how does it run in general though? im quite impressed.

Comment

Some people are writing in the 'VEMS Wiki that they dont have any issues at all with the Auditrigger. Where is then the problem?
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

some people are experiencing 'ghost' signals at high rpm which cause trigger error. I've taken the same ecu and configs between two cars.. one does it, the other doesn't so part of it is some variablility in the noise from car to car.

Little update here, just received some configs from Jorgen along with advice to run the 1.1.27 firmware. I just loaded the firmware and saved the settings out. Car starts fine so I will go out and check the boost control tomorrow.
        Marc Swanson
        Proprietor, EFI Express
        95.5 //S6 Avant
        90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
        93' //S4
        83' UrQ
        97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

after further testing last night im now unsure of whether the signals are bad or not. it may be pulling timing due to intake temps. think i may need a bigger IC and a good heatshield on the filter.

does seem some have issues others not.

let us know how you get along with 1.1.27 i dont see many reasons to change yet.

did you have any luck oith the idle?

Comment

Just drove the car a bit this morning. Boost control works great! I'm using the boost vs rpm map and its very responsive to input. Idle control works but I was getting some fluctuations when the car warmed up so it is currently disabled. I'll work at it some more later.
            Marc Swanson
            Proprietor, EFI Express
            95.5 //S6 Avant
            90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
            93' //S4
            83' UrQ
            97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Does the A/C works?
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...