No announcement yet.

034 USB programmable ECU mod for the 7a, 3b, adu, aan, PT/ABH, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone combine the software of 034 to some real time emulator? That way it is not necessary to program in binary or looking for table explanations all over if some want to be able to adjust themselves.
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
      Can someone combine the software of 034 to some real time emulator? That way it is not necessary to program in binary or looking for table explanations all over if some want to be able to adjust themselves.
      Their software does not contain any map locations, and it's not very good software.
      It can load their "ecu" files. If those leak (which they probably will), it will be very easy to get the locations of those maps, if one wanted to.

Just use TunerPro with Ostrich and read, read, read.
      You can find those maps that they have in their software very quickly. All the factors and scaling are on www.motronic.ws, on tots.ch there is even a screenshot of some maps defined in OLS.

If you know how an ignition or fuel map looks, read www.motronic.ws and the aftermarket management thread on this forum. Plus if you have a real time emu with trace or just vag-com, you can very quickly find which maps to alter and see the engine react to them.

It's a day of work max and all the info is there for you, if you are already familiar with tuning. If you are not, then it's really hard.
      Advanced stuff like proper data logging etc is much harder.

There is even stuff like Stage 1 software floating on the internet, you can find a lot by comparing bins (but don't think that the tuner always knows what he is doing!).

Either way, if you manage to find the basic maps, and you have the gear and are serious about what you do, I will help you, as I have helped others.
      I don't have time to spoon feed people though.
      Last edited by prj; 7 February 2012, 12:12.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Anything ever become of this?

Comment

Originally posted by 1gcrazy View Post
          Anything ever become of this?
          Go to the 034 website. They are selling the "Rip" chips.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Anything better out there? I'm a super noob in the 20vt department...

Comment

Anything better out there? I'm a super noob in the 20vt department...
              If you are a noob, then it isn't likely a good idea that you should be tuning your own car then. Better/easier to buy a set of boost and timing chips from a well known tuner.

Are you really in the US or did you forget to change the flag when you registered?(makes a difference as to who I would recommend for chips if you are in the US or the UK or Europe)

Comment

Dave, i'm a noob in the 20vt department. Not a noob in the everything department. I've built: 383 stroker corvette, 00 b5 S4(soon to be x2), 91 TSI AWD x 50, 3000gt vr4 x 2.
                I've been in the DSM game for over 10 years and i'm so glad i'm done with it BUT I did learn what I needed to. I grew up on V8 NA power, my dad had a speed shop in town and prior to that he taught me most of what I know on an 11.5 sec Nova on a 350 and circle track slicks. I was like 12. A lot of my EFI knowledge comes from DSM's / 3/S's and what i've gathered in that crowd, including some tuning. I'm not a guru, still learning(as always) but I know enough to set a decent baseline.
                I've been searching for days and i'm still somewhat lost. There is soo soo much to learn with this platform and i'm sort of in awe over it. For a car no one really knows about, there's an overwhelming amount of information to learn...

I just wanted to get that out of the way, you insinuated I didn't know what I was doing on another forum and to be honest, with this particular car, I sort of don't but i'm not fresh off the turnip truck!

And yes, Colorado Springs, CO, USA

BTW, Happy to be here. This forum looks like it's full of a ton of helpful people and I hope I can contribute as much as some of you have some day.

Comment

I am running one of these on my car at the mo.

not bad bit of kit really.

lance
                  Boost is what makes the world go round.......!

Comment

....I've been searching for days and i'm still somewhat lost. There is soo soo much to learn with this platform and i'm sort of in awe over it. For a car no one really knows about, there's an overwhelming amount of information to learn...

I just wanted to get that out of the way, you insinuated I didn't know what I was doing on another forum and to be honest, with this particular car, I sort of don't but i'm not fresh off the turnip truck! And yes, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
                    Apologies for whatever slight I might have made on whatever forum (Audiworld??). You must have sounded like a total noob. Sorry.

Anyway, look for a Private Mail from me here.

Dave F.

Comment

Working...
                    X