No announcement yet.

switchable configs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, on the fly? no. Even if you wanted, you have a switch installed which is around the driver's area, so it would still be difficult to switch while the wife is driving.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      haha, on the fly? no. Even if you wanted, you have a switch installed which is around the driver's area, so it would still be difficult to switch while the wife is driving.
      No for when i am driving!

Le Mans 2012
      Nurburgring 700
      1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by madpugger View Post
        By limiting boost to say 1 Bar rather than 2...
        That won't make your car use less fuel.
        You don't spend the entire time on boost.

Fuel economy is mainly affected by settings on cruise and driving style. So no, setting your car from 2 bars to 1 bar won't have any effect on your fuel economy.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
          That won't make your car use less fuel.
          You don't spend the entire time on boost.

Fuel economy is mainly affected by settings on cruise and driving style. So no, setting your car from 2 bars to 1 bar won't have any effect on your fuel economy.
          I disagree.

If I have 2 bar there to use, I will use it out of every corner, off every roundabout etc, Yes you CAN use less throttle, but mostly I'd say that for me by the time I have gotten from one roundabout to the next, I have forgotton that I was going to limit boost to save fuel!

Also, as mentioned, especially on a fast road car, it is not always the same driver. I would not let anyone drive my car with ~500 Bhp, I would want to limit it, if only to ensure that if the engine blows, its with me driving at 2 bar and not someone else!

Le Mans 2012
          Nurburgring 700
          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

yes but with a good map, engine should never blow anyway. if someone else drives, better limit the power so that it doesnt become unstable to handle at 2 bar

but i do agree with prj here. if we are talking about economy, we are talking about off boost conditions. Possible that you have a fairly aggresive driving style ! haha

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              yes but with a good map, engine should never blow anyway. if someone else drives, better limit the power so that it doesnt become unstable to handle at 2 bar

but i do agree with prj here. if we are talking about economy, we are talking about off boost conditions. Possible that you have a fairly aggresive driving style ! haha
              No arguments there

Le Mans 2012
              Nurburgring 700
              1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ranz View Post
                But why use standalone system if vems can do all that... and that already has built in ignition reatard and add or remove extra fuel.
                Vems may not be able to give you a versatile enough cyclic rate. Depending on what your running and especially if running a WON kit with pulsoids and not a straight and simple on or off. Not 100% sure on vems capabilities though, it may well be able to handle it. Spose its whatever takes your fancy. Some people run external boost control but maybe not necessary.
                Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

VEMS switches the complete config. Not only boost or ignition but everything.

You can use on/off for specific matters like anti lag etc but also config switch.
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                  X