No announcement yet.

Aftermarket VS motronic management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, didn't know that before, thanks.
    How good is motronic knock system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matas View Post
      Nice, didn't know that before, thanks.
      How good is motronic knock system?
      On M2.3? It's quite good, has cylinder individual knock sensing and retard with adjustable gain and somewhat adjustable frequency.

For flex fuel, I'd say you'd need switchable maps though...
      It takes some pretty clever coding to make it work based on sensor feedback alone, the ECU has to be specifically made for it - it would need dial timing and fueling back and forth based on WBO2 activity and be able to interpolate between two or more separate maps.

For M2.3 I'd just make a switch really... Same with most speed density ECU's.
      You need a hybrid speed density, MAF, WBO2 system to be reliably sure that what you are seeing is not just because something has failed somewhere, but because the fuel changed.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• For proper antilag/umluft you will need proper E-gas to open the throttle on idle, and/or get full control over a bypass valve in order to add the needed oxygen content. As well as wastegate control to help spoolup to add air / find optimum base speed to overcome lag on first throttle actuation. Next to that i would like to add a second map (steady state gain) to compensate fueling in that area for when antilag is activated.

At least this is how it works on aftermarket systems based on the basecal of the '10 EVO X group N rallycar.

As for flex fuel: Not worth the hassle yet, hard to get uptimized based on a sensor and not very stable for high hp ratings i would think.
        AFAIK i would use the sensor estimated value to interpolate between two base maps and then utilize closed loop lambda control for feedback, lambda-learning would be even better and use a knock-sensing option to find knock and use an offset in timing to be safe.

Comment

Working...
        X