3b VEMS with coil Packs No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b VEMS with coil Packs No Start

Anyone running a 3b on VEMS with coil pack conversion??

Desperatley need help trying to get my car to even start, carried out aan pin swap but retained the standard dizzy sensor.

Same Problem?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=58305&page=3

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
    Pins have been swapped red and violet as per here on the blacl plug for the crank sensor,

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=VemsAudiAan

Dizzy and Timing haven't been touched or moved, all i've done is pin swap and wire the coils - plug in the VEMS ECU. One point worth mentioning last night i put petrol into my intake and tried to start again, a couple of pops out of the idle control valve. The intake was red hot as if the coils fired with the intake valve (s) open and set fire to the petrol inside. This must be a timing issue ?!?
    Chef

Comment

yes didn't know if the correct place was on this topic or not, getting a little peaved off at why it won't start now!

Comment

tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

as long as rpm is reading ok, and you are 100% sure the ignition is firing in the right sequence there are only two possibilities:

1) the 1st spark in the sequence is not starting at the right point.

solution/check: verify that 0 degrees cyl 1 corresponds to the #1 plug with a timing light (use the tools->ignition lock feature).

2) your fueling isn't right causing the plugs to flood out or run lean enough not to fire.
        Marc Swanson
        Proprietor, EFI Express
        95.5 //S6 Avant
        90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
        93' //S4
        83' UrQ
        97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Think you need to deal with your supplier to go over everything from top to bottom

Comment

Anyone running a 3b on VEMS with coil pack conversion?? Desperately need help trying to get my car to even start, carried out aan pin swap but retained the standard dizzy sensor.
            This is just me but I would think such a radical change from a 3B single coil system to a five coil-on-plug system would be best done in two stages:

Stage 1. Make the necessary changes to use five coils with an AAN or ABY ECU (borrowed if not purchased). Get the car running on that first.

Stage 2. Once you are happy running on the AAN or ABY ECU, then (and only then) move on to VEMS, confident that your initial 3B to five-coil wiring changes worked.

At this point with a 3B to VEMS change, there are so many things that *could* be wrong, it will be difficult to get it sorted easily.

But I do wish you good luck.
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              Think you need to deal with your supplier to go over everything from top to bottom
              Thanks for all the advice guys, I bought the ecu second hand.

Comment

Originally posted by a4kquattro View Post
                tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

as long as rpm is reading ok, and you are 100% sure the ignition is firing in the right sequence there are only two possibilities:

1) the 1st spark in the sequence is not starting at the right point.

solution/check: verify that 0 degrees cyl 1 corresponds to the #1 plug with a timing light (use the tools->ignition lock feature).

2) your fueling isn't right causing the plugs to flood out or run lean enough not to fire.
                I can't see the ignition lock feature under tools, don't i just set the Crank Ignition Advance to 0 deg in the Priming,Cranking & Afterstart Setup ?
                Last edited by ian4455; 11 May 2012, 07:54.

Comment

I can't see the ignition lock feature under tools, don't i just set the Crank Ignition Advance to 0 deg in the Priming,Cranking & Afterstart Setup ?
                  that should work too. just watch the spark advance gauge while cranking. if it reads 0, you're good.
                  Marc Swanson
                  Proprietor, EFI Express
                  95.5 //S6 Avant
                  90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                  93' //S4
                  83' UrQ
                  97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

tried cranking, tdc after trigger set to 64 timing marks aline using strobe timing gun.

Finally, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAA5O...eature=mh_lolz
                    Last edited by ian4455; 16 May 2012, 18:04.

Comment

Working...
                    X