Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 with more boost problems

Sup guys!!!! i will be fast! lol

my s2 has now more boost.... but her motronic is cutting off the iguinition and is sayng to me that he exed the boost presure!!!

I got the program to tune my motronic and just had put ALL sensors in OOFF!!! to s2 iguinore the boost values... but dont working.....

N1 got an ideia???

Originally posted by rs2spinelli View Post
    N1 got an idea???
    Yep. Stand away from the trial and error Motronic tuning. You are more likely to damage the engine than achieve what ever your goals are by playing around without having much knowledge on what needs changing.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Motronic is stock tuned to prevent some engine damage. If you want to run with more boost you need remap your eprom and change Bosch sensor pressure inside the ECU. S2 sensor is 250kpa, so I believe that you need to change for 300kpa (RS2)

Comment

i do chips for cars here in brazil.... No problem tunning the motronic and reprograming the eprons... the prob is the motronic is not running with the pression estipulated to her.... 1.1k is fine! 1.2 pff cut the car! Lambda aways on 0.78 0.74 no prob with the comb epron! just with the turbo epron! =/

Comment

i do chips for cars here in brazil.... No problem tunning the motronic and reprograming the eprons... the prob is the motronic is not running with the pression estipulated to her.... 1.1k is fine! 1.2 pff cut the car! Lambda aways on 0.78 0.74 no prob with the comb epron! just with the turbo epron! =/
          Inside motronic there is a sensor pressure (Audi S2 = 250kpa) when you increase the boost pressure this sensor goes to the limit. If I'm not wrong this sensor works sending voltage and the range is 0,2 volt to 5 volts. With more boost pressure this sensor will send 5 volts to ECU and for safety the motronic unit cut fuel injection. If you want to run with more boost you need to change this sensor to 300kpa or 400kpa.

Comment

G71 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor information

Originally posted by Guslotti View Post
            Inside motronic there is a sensor pressure (Audi S2 = 250kpa) when you increase the boost pressure this sensor goes to the limit. If I'm not wrong this sensor works sending voltage and the range is 0,2 volt to 5 volts. With more boost pressure this sensor will send 5 volts to ECU and for safety the motronic unit cut fuel injection. If you want to run with more boost you need to change this sensor to 300kpa or 400kpa.
            Here is more Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20417.phtml

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              Here is more Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20417.phtml

lemme try to explain!!!

all parts in my s2 is brand new...
              pawter rods.... wiseco pistons...
              upgraded k27 etc...

today i rollback my eprons to stock RS2 maps!!! and its cutting off the iguinition at 5mil rpm! and enter in safe mode!

3 days later he is running 1.1ps norlmaly!!!! i just put more press on N75 and more fuel and boom cut off.... them i rolledback and booom still cutting... its a last chance to motronic if that dont work i will try other ingection systen! n1 have or know the right binaries to upward the turbo pressure!

Comment

Originally posted by Guslotti View Post

correct me if im rong k

i tryed to cut off the map!!! jut taking off from motronic.... so he cant read positive pressure right
                and he cut off the iguiniition again loll! how
                maf

Comment

lemme try to explain!!!

upgraded k27 etc...

today i rollback my eprons to stock RS2 maps!!! and its cutting off the iguinition at 5mil rpm! and enter in safe mode!

3 days later he is running 1.1ps norlmaly!!!! i just put more press on N75 and more fuel and boom cut off.... them i rolledback and booom still cutting... its a last chance to motronic if that dont work i will try other ingection systen! n1 have or know the right binaries to upward the turbo pressure!
                  You can't use a RS2 eprom in a motronic for S2/ABY engine. RS2 motronic has a 300kpa sensor pressure and S2 250kpa. Probably if you use again the S2 eprom you won't have problems.

Comment

lemme try to explain!!!

upgraded k27 etc...

Motronic works very well, is better than generic ECU's. Don't change the ECU.

Comment

lemme try to explain!!!
                      Question: Does the black Bosch "box" inside the Motronic box, connected to the brass nipple by a black hose, say "250 kPa" or "300 kPa"?

Comment

i do chips for cars here in brazil.... No problem tunning the motronic and reprograming the eprons
                        n1 have or know the right binaries to upward the turbo pressure!
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I take it that you have actually done a boost leak check????
                          Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Why are these posts in 'aftermarket engine management'?

Please transfer to proper section.

Comment

1. Difference between ABY and RS2 chipset is not only MAP sensor.
                              2. You don't even know if it's cutting spark or fuel, and you want to tune this ECU?
                              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                              X