vems iat issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vems iat issue

My iat seems to be stuck at -9`c,I am using 1.8t ntc type sensor with 2254 patch,if I try the old ptc sensor I get 17`c,but using either the iat or mat reading doesn't move,removing the sensor I get _40`c(which is correct)
    Thanks

Try another sensor. If its ok then its just the sensor. They are very cheap. I haven't heard of the module in the ecu to break down

Comment

Cheers vas will try another sensor,I allready tryed 2 aby sensors but they didn't work,will try a new1.8 one

Comment

You can't switch sensors between ntc and ptc with VEMS on the fly, only 1 sensor type can be active at a given point in time, there's a resistor on the motherboard that governs this so the ABY ones wont work. You need to try a new sensor like Vas says and check that your using the patch file values in the ecu settings

Comment

Ok cool,I am sure the ecu is set up for ntc(as in resistor on the board)that's probably why the ptc is not working,I will try a new one,I used 2254 patch
          Is there a prefered make to use??ie Bosch etc

Comment

Yes indeed. I thought you knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperquattro View Post
              Ok cool,I am sure the ecu is set up for ntc(as in resistor on the board)that's probably why the ptc is not working,I will try a new one,I used 2254 patch
              Is there a prefered make to use??ie Bosch etc
              You should be using 2252/256 for a Bosch 1.8T NTC

Comment

Yes sorry.thats the patch,just couldn't remember the exact no.
                Do you guys know the Bosch part no. Thanks Martyn

Comment

Working...
                X