• MAXXECU what opinion

http://www.maxxecu.se/motorstyrningsenhet
    maybe some one has tried?

Originally posted by as2nerka View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/maxxtuni...rch?query=Audi
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Maxxecu is the way to go

I use it in my Audi rs2. Really happy with it!

I love the fact that you can have EGT sensors hooked up to it. I am using 5, one directly after each exhaust port to be able to monitor the exhaust temps. AND let the ECU compensate the fueling on each cylinder!

The inlet manifold on our Audis is not giving each cylinder the same amount of air. Even though your lambda is correct you may be lean on cylinder 5 and rich on 1. The exhaust temp will tell you what is happening IRL.

If the exhaust temp (or any other temp) is getting to high you can set the ecu to do what ever you want. Everything in between shutting the engine down to giving you a signal with a flashing light.

The other thing that made me choose Maxxecu was the Android app! Really really nice. You can monitor all the values the ecu reads, 3 different screens which you can organize in any way you want, position and size, With gauges or just readings in numbers. You can also use the app to remove error codes. I saved a lot of money on gauges, just bought a google nexus 7 instead. This also serves as my media player and GPS.

The user interface in Mtune is really easy to understand and if you don't the support is outstanding.

I am also using 2 different boost maps, just in case Iā€™m pulled over ;-)
      There are tons of other things Iā€™m not using. You can control cooling fans, fuel pumps, etc etc. It even has a module for traction control. :-)

Comment

How much cost these?
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nĀŗ 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nĀŗ 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

http://www.maxxtuning.se/produkter/m...-s6-aan-adyaby

The plug and play unit for audi rs2, s2 and s6 costs 14900 sek includes O2 sensor and intake air temp sensor. The EGT sensors are 700 sek each.

You can use the original Camshaft and Crankshaft Position Sensor without any problems what so ever.

So about $2800 in total if you want to use the EGT sensors. (These are regular K-type sensors and can be bought anywhere, but make sure they are of good quality! You don't want the tip of the sensor to end up in your turbo)

Comment

2000ā‚¬ then

Thanks for the info!
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nĀŗ 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nĀŗ 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

but dont sell worldwide before translate manual in English

Comment

cheap egt
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGT-Thermoco...item3a79d28893
                Last edited by as2nerka; 27 February 2014, 16:46. Reason: wrong link

Comment

Why not go to VEMS? It is much cheaper.
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I have a maxx ecu here in the uk and I think it's a awesome bit of kit .

But I don't have to worry about translating it to English as I have jonus - racing coming to map the car a when ready .

Comment

Billman, sure VEMS is quite good for the money, but it is also quite restricted and maybe too simple for some setups.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

harsh to say that VEMS is restricted, I donĀ“t have a clue but my buddy that helped out with the engineering of VEMS would laugh at such a statement...
                        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

vems it's not restricted if you know how to use, but it really needs bigger ignition table, it's too small if you want to turn your engine 9000 rpm and boost it 3 bar

Comment

VEMS needs to up their game if they want to keep up. Maxx tuning sell a good package, even Jonus is now selling these and seems pretty happy about it.
                            They have a lot of useful modules such as PWM controllers up to 60A etc.

Originally posted by viken View Post
                            I use it in my Audi rs2. Really happy with it!

I love the fact that you can have EGT sensors hooked up to it. I am using 5, one directly after each exhaust port to be able to monitor the exhaust temps. AND let the ECU compensate the fueling on each cylinder!
                            Are you willing to share some data?
                            What is the max difference in temp you see during load & how much are you correcting? What are you adjusting now when overheating happens?

I read a lot of different calibration approaches for GEMS/AEM/Link that use injector trimming and up to timing trimmers to level out differences... it is great to have EGT feedback to save engine damage, but i would not recommend it for mapping out any possible component deviations.

I would suggest to at least check the following before doing any trimming:
                            - benchmark injectors to reduce delta between those
                            - swap coilpack/plugs to check for difference
                            - compression test

For an Otto engine it is a bit more difficult since overfueling is not always possible due to injector DC / low fuel pressure.

Comment

Vems can be set up for 5 egt also and control fuel for each cylinder,that I will do this year.And many more things like most after market ecu.Maxxecu is almost same price like Motec and is double vems price

Comment

Working...
                              X