MAXXECU what opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
    harsh to say that VEMS is restricted, I don´t have a clue but my buddy that helped out with the engineering of VEMS would laugh at such a statement...
    Well, I don't really understand these, but what I have heard it's something about the tables and finetuning..? You can get power with it, I know a 900+hp UrS with VEMS, but it hasn't been problem free.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Personally just bought a maxx ecu myself. It's up there with syvecs and motec in quality and functions. With the added advantage that it has 8 egt amplifiers built into it. Whereas syvecs and motec have one so require the fitting of additional amplifiers to make multiple egt's work.
      The bluetooth android capability is a nice touch and makes it more amatuer friendly.

As for vems, without offending anyone it is a glorified megasquirt. It works and serves it's function but just like all cheaper ecu's they're running slower processors making them slower to react to any adjustments they need to make based on signal inputs.

This is why you get cheap to expensive processor and hardware functions along with mapping interface.

Mapping interface on vems the last time I looked was megasquirt based which is your diy open source build your own ecu. Likewise if you want to run multiple egt's by the time you buy the extra amplifiers etc it is already halfway to the extra cost of a dearer setup.

can't fault vems for it's place in the market as it works well and offers a lot of value for money. Although when looking at ecu's and price there is an associated reason for it. Very much like tires, engine components, paint quality, intercooler quality even the quality of labour on professional installation.
      UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

I don't have so much knowledge as you JP but I can agree of many things that you wrote
        But VEMS is still evolving and the interface now days is alot more user friendly and has this android app interface aswell, dosent look like megasquirt looked back in The days. but as always you often get what you pay for
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Havent logged in on this forum for a long time. simply dont have the time to sit by the computer anymore.

Maxxtuning have now launched a international website. and also sell MaxxECU outside sweden now.
          http://www.maxxtuning.eu/maxxecu/

download the software and manual and have a look.

Now the VEMS people will hate me, but you cant compare VEMS to MaxxECU.

a little tip, you can use the egt inputs for other things than just egt. IAT for example, or http://www.maxxtuning.eu/products/en...th-ring-sleeve
          for example.

Comment

How have less money still use vems ,and will get same good rezults.

Comment

There are only two good things about VEMS and these are:
              1. Price
              2. PnP option for I5.

The main issue is reliability - our shop uses MS3 over VEMS if a customer wants a "cheap ECU" for example as we had countless problems with VEMS, and as a business we just don't have time to deal with them.
              For a professional product we offer the Link ECU, which is plug and play on many cars as well (very similar to Vipec).

The issue with VEMS is not processing power, it is lack of polish. It is a cheap ECU and you feel that every step of the way, when you have worked with better ones (the same can be said for MS3, but we have found it to be more stable).
              This does not mean the car can not be fast, but VEMS feels every time like fighting the ECU, whereas Autronic, Motec, Link, Vipec it is like playing ball.

Yes I know they are double or triple the price, but as the old saying goes. You get what you pay for.
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

This is true prj.But don't forget is not stand in one place upgrading ecu and soft as well

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
                  How have less money still use vems ,and will get same good rezults.
                  Dont really understand what you are saying.

And seen a few cars know that have changed from vems to maxxecu, the car runs much better the first time you start it. without any tuning.
                  (Could be that the other tuner didnt do a good job.)

It is not all about getting maximum hp, that will almost any ecu handle.

take a look at the software for MaxxECU (Mtune). it is very easy to configure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiell View Post
                    Dont really understand what you are saying.

And seen a few cars know that have changed from vems to maxxecu, the car runs much better the first time you start it. without any tuning.
                    (Could be that the other tuner didnt do a good job.)

It is not all about getting maximum hp, that will almost any ecu handle.

take a look at the software for MaxxECU (Mtune). it is very easy to configure.
                    Just say price for it is not that good .Seen soft is really nice and easy.

Comment

Hi, anyone running this ECU nowadays?
                      its $1300 USD PnP

Comment

Yes, I'm using MaxxEcu Race PNP in my RS2. I'm not using knock control yet, but flexfuel and things working great.

Comment

Originally posted by giorgioS2
                          its $1300 USD PnP
                          Where are you finding that pricing PnP?
                          _Rubí_

Comment

Originally posted by giorgioS2
                            its $1300 USD PnP
                            Where is it 1300?
                            _Rubí_

Comment

Maby Euro not Dollar

Comment

There is Ecumaster Classic PnP, which I use.
                                Auditrigger works fine as well as knock control. Pricewise 875 EUR + WBO2 sensor.
                                Or Ecumaster Black if you want to use DBW throttle and get rid of the cable and the ISV for 1075 EUR.

Buying VEMS is silly even price wise now.

P.S.
                                maxxecu works too - the question is always who is going to tune your car. You should buy the ECU that your tuner is most comfortable with.
                                As to the "slow fast processor" yadda yadda - that's all irrelevant BS. Any half-decent microcontroller made in the last 20 years can run a 2.2T engine, hell Bosch did it with a couple 8051 chips. Comparing an atmega (iirc) used in even VEMS to a 8051 is like comparing a space ship to a lego technics kit.
                                Hardware costs nothing, software does.
                                Last edited by prj; 7 March 2019, 15:02.
                                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                                X