No announcement yet.

High boost misfire VEMS and LS coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI,i have D514a coils for many years.they're almost the first batch of running
    LS2 coils conversion.Previously,i had D585 coils from EFIexpress and finally sold
    to a guy locally.both sets is still running flawlessly.one thing i noticed now we got
    a chinese knock off coils available in the market and they're harder to be justified
    if they're genuine or Reps.some of them has a reliable quality but some of them
    is trash.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
      FYI,i have D514a coils for many years.they're almost the first batch of running
      LS2 coils conversion.Previously,i had D585 coils from EFIexpress and finally sold
      to a guy locally.both sets is still running flawlessly.one thing i noticed now we got
      a chinese knock off coils available in the market and they're harder to be justified
      if they're genuine or Reps.some of them has a reliable quality but some of them
      is trash.
      Do you think it is best to order a genuine set at the dealer?
      1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

I got everything from Marc and they have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          I got everything from Marc and they have been fine.
          I also had my set from marc @efiexpress. Was perfect for 5000km but with my new loom i have misfire's. At what dwell and charge time do you have your coils?

Comment

if you purchased them from Marc.don't worry about them.he always stand behind his goods.
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
              I also had my set from marc @efiexpress. Was perfect for 5000km but with my new loom i have misfire's. At what dwell and charge time do you have your coils?
              I'll double check and let you know tonight. I do have the dwell at 20 I think. I get a validation yellow alert but ignore it as per Marc's advice.

Comment

I'll double check and let you know tonight. I do have the dwell at 20 I think. I get a validation yellow alert but ignore it as per Marc's advice.
                as in 20ms dwell time? Is that not really high?

I also have a yellow alert as you can see.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just checked mine 4.99 ms & 4
                  RS 2 580HP

Comment

Thanks jade

Maybe i sould just run my car at higher dwell settings.

Only thing about that i don't like is the fact that my car was running flawlessly on the old settings and now i have to double the dwell time to get no misfire's.

How could that happen? Only thing i can think about is that the coil with the weak spark is defect and can now only perform right at high dwell settings. But can thees coils go bad when not used
                    Last edited by V6quattro; 5 May 2014, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                      Thanks jade

Maybe i sould just run my car at higher dwell settings.

Only thing about that i don't like is the fact that my car was running flawlessly on the old settings and now i have to double the dwell time to get no misfire's.

How could that happen? Only thing i can think about is that the coil with the weak spark is defect and can now only perform right at high dwell settings. But can thees coils go bad when not used
                      Mine are 2.5ms and 20

As you say before changing settings just change sequentially the coil cable and then the coil if it still misfires. I had a loose spark plug which ate the coil cable. Thankfully it doesn't misfire anymore and I didn't have to change the coil itself

Comment

Quite a different in settings I had a misfire so I increased dwell time and no misfire
                        RS 2 580HP

Comment

Mine are 2.5ms and 20

As you say before changing settings just change sequentially the coil cable and then the coil if it still misfires. I had a loose spark plug which ate the coil cable. Thankfully it doesn't misfire anymore and I didn't have to change the coil itself
                          Yes i already change the coil to rule out all the wiring. Only i did not change the coil cable so i will try that tomorrow. The coilwires ware fine last year but you never know

Originally posted by jade View Post
                          Quite a different in settings I had a misfire so I increased dwell time and no misfire
                          For what i understand about it the coil charge time map scale settings is also impotent. If you set it high it will up the dwell when on boost right?
                          Attached Files

Comment

But just to by sure i ordered 5 AEM coils. Can't wait to try them.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/high-o...mart-coil-1240

Comment

I use those coils, but the "dumb" version driven by Vems IGBT. Really nice
                              Audi S2 Avant - 600whp

Comment

I got the full set from marc. So I don't know what make they are. That how much trust I have put on him

Comment

Working...
                                X