VEMS problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEMS problems

Ive been trying for several weeks now to get VEMS setup and running on my car with little luck. im currently attempting to run 60-2 crank with a GM LSx magnetic hall sensor and the factory AAN hall cam. i have trigger events in my trigger log from both sensors but no fuel or spark. i keep getting too many secondary triggers in the log as well. im not 100% sure my primary trigger wheel or the settings are correct either.

here's some pictures of my trigger wheel setup.

This is a VR6 60-2 trigger wheel mounted to the front of the AAN damper pulley. notice the labels i made. im not sure if this is right.

These are my current primary trigger settings.

This is the air gap between the sensor and the wheel.

does all of this look proper and why am i getting the too many secondary trigger error in the trigger log? can anyone help?
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

AAN damper pully has rubber inside so it will likely give you trigger errors on higger rpm in the furure if you get this started now.
    Why are you not using stock sensors in stock places?
    They work well up to 8500rpm.
    Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
    10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
    FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

Originally posted by rst View Post
      AAN damper pully has rubber inside so it will likely give you trigger errors on higger rpm in the furure if you get this started now.Why are you not using stock sensors in stock places? They work well up to 8500rpm.
      From the sidelines, I think VWnut8392 likes to do things his way, even if it means reinventing the square wheel. Most normal people who go to VEMS on an AAN use the system developed by Marc S. at EFIExpress that does indeed reuse the OE T55 connector with its links to the OE sensors that the OE Motronic ECU used and adds a few more inputs to the VEMS box.

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/pr...&products_id=1

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

im too poor to afford the PNP ECU so i got stuck with buying an econoseal version. im working with what i have and what i can afford honestly, thats how life has always been for me and always will be.

Comment

I would connect the original crankshaft sensor to your VEMS
          it is still on the engine?
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

post a trigger log.
            Marc Swanson
            Proprietor, EFI Express
            95.5 //S6 Avant
            90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
            93' //S4
            83' UrQ
            97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Originally posted by a4kquattro View Post
              post a trigger log.
              Here's a picture of my trigger log since this forum wont let me upload the actual file. i hope this works for you.

Comment

Marc has an email address. You could try sending him the trigger file. Might work.

OR you could export it as an Excel file. Pretty sure you can upload Excel files here (BTDT).
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

you can archive your log file in a zip.
                  5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                    you can archive your log file in a zip.
                    good thinking! my brain is fried right now......

VEMS log atttached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

all kinds of wrong. the reason its saying too many secondary triggers is because it isn't getting enough primary triggers.

If I'm reading this right, it looks like its only reading the missing tooth on your primary. try adjusting your sensor gap (probably closer).

when its correct, you'll be seeing 58 primary teeth, a gap, 58 more primary teeth, then a secondary trigger, then repeat.
                      Marc Swanson
                      Proprietor, EFI Express
                      95.5 //S6 Avant
                      90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                      93' //S4
                      83' UrQ
                      97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Thanks Marc, I'll mess with the sensor location more and see what I get. I felt that trigger log was way off from what I got out of the jimstim on 60-2 setting.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. it turns out the GM crank sensor was wrong orientation, i flipped the sensor 90 degrees and it picks up the 60-2 trigger wheel perfectly now! on to the next hurdle.
                          Last edited by vwnut8392; 9 May 2014, 05:21.

Comment

Nice work
                            1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

well guys i got it running and it idles but i cant rev it over 2300 RPM. it comes up with a less primary trigger error. also my coolant temp and MAT values are completely wrong. i attached a trigger log so maybe you guys can help me with whats going on. also with the temperature values i tried what marc suggested the patch setting are in his web site but that seems to have no effect.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X