Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch Control

Hi Guys,

I try to install the launch controll function. I have choosen the input on pin 3 ( channel 2 )
    this input is protect and pulled analog input and pin 10 for the ground ( switching ground p259 ch4 ) but when i connect these two for a test without a switch there is no reaction in vems. I have choose the channel two on launch controll setting but no reaction.

What i am doing wrong?

I dont know which input or output is ground. i contacted vems but they gave me no answer. How can i check the Ground im the Pinout? Can anyone help me....
    At the vems page is a document for the econoseal 10 pinout but its not the same.

Link for the document: http://www.vems.hu/download/v3/Motro...C10_pinout.pdf

Comment

do you have a universal vems or plug&play?
      i have a plug&play vems on my AAN engine and lanch control works well for me
      i used this page sie link:
      http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...articles_id=12
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

I have the plug and play version, but on my document there is no ground declared. I use the same step by step but im confusing about my ground pin in the econoseal 10 pinout.

Comment

i dont think you need to wire pin 10,that's a ground output(not input) so you can control a lamp or relay with this.
          the 10 pin connecter from vems page has connections in another place so thats wrong
          try only a ground on pin 3,you can see in vems when it's active or not in the column under "VIEW MODE" (launch on/off)
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

Ok, i have my launch control input on pin 3 Channel 2, where can i connect the ground on which pin?

Comment

do you have a switch on your clutch pedal?
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yes but not the original, i dont need a relay to inverse the signal. I can direcli contact the switch.

Comment

okay,i also placed a extra clutch switch
                  this is how i did it,i use 2 switches,i put a ground on the clutch switch(normal open),the other side is connected to the second switch(normal open),from the second switch i go to my vems aux plug,i have a older vems so it is a 6 pin aux plug
                  so when my clutchpedal is down and my launch switch(second switch) is on i give a ground to pin 3 of my aux plug.
                  so you just need to wire clutchpedal signal on pin 3 (ch2) from your 10 pin connector) because you choose this input channel.nothing more(no extra ground or so)
                  and you must see that vems settings is correct
                  AEM W/M injection

Comment

Can i use my normal car ground to activate the Launch control, because on the site on efiexpress there is a 5V warning.

Comment

yes,the ground is everywhere 0v on the car so you can make a groundwire on chassis or ground point.(this is a point with brown wires against the chassis somewhere).
                      if you want to be sure that you wire is a ground signal from clutch You can measure this with a voltmeter.hold the black pin(from voltmeter) on the wire and the red on a + battery somewhere.normal with clutch pedal down you measure 12v and with pedal above you measure nothing
                      or you can set your meter on ohm and measure with black pin on chassis and red pin on wire,clutch down 0 ohm,clutch above nothing
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Thanks a lot Nick I wont burn my ecu thats why i wanted to be sure.

Comment

your welcome
                          let me know if it's work
                          in vems you need to set settings correct in menu launch control under "motorsports"
                          inputchannel need to stands on 2 for you
                          but be careful with launch control,it's not so good for your engine if you use it a lot and if you have a good grip on the road than you definitely break something on the drivetrain
                          be warned!
                          Last edited by quattro-nick; 1 June 2014, 13:04.
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

By over 1000 horses will definitely break something

Comment

what's your engine setup and drivetrain?
                              not for road use than?
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                              X