Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VEMS] Individual Power with 60-2 on an AAN

[Edited to be more concise]
    I'm not asking for a technical response, unless you find uploading a Vemslog or screenshot "technical".

If you run VEMS with a 60-2, can you help me out?
    if you're not sure where to find what I'm referring to, just press [ALT+5]
    or click View -> Groups -> Injector Calibration

This log (or picture) will allow me to decide between
    a) Ignore the problem described below because it's a software bug
    b) Keep looking for the cause

================================================== =============
    [Former message]
    I have been troubleshooting a question for so long now, I'm almost ready to give up and let it be...

I have an AAN, running on VEMS, but formerly on an 034 IIc.
    I kept the 60-2 crank pulley from the IIc and most of the other hardware
    The car runs, and it's fast but I have this issue that I can not overcome:
    The individual Power outputs show 1 cylinder as completely dead, most of the time...
    I have:
    - rotated my injectors around
    - rotated my plugs around
    - rotated my LS2 coils around (034 HO coils)
    - Rewired injectors
    - (dry) compression tested
    - Inspected plugs/wires
    - verified clicks and sparks coming from the correct locations (VEMS output tests)
    (all of the above many times)

As I'm typing this, I realize that I haven't done a whole lot of testing on my injector resistors, so I'm going to check that out tonight.

As of Now, none of the above actions have much effect on the Individual Power output logs, so I'm wondering if someone running VEMS with a 60-2 could post a picture/log of their injector calibration screen to assure me that it's not a software issue related to my setup.
    Last edited by 90/90qs; 4 August 2014, 17:56.
    http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Are you triggering coils directly from Vems or via a POS unit. If the latter suspect POS unit.

Also possible dicky spark plug?
    Regards
    Ryss
    www.autostart.co.za

Comment

- Directly from VEMS, and plugs are new, plus tried a number of sets.
      Last edited by 90/90qs; 30 July 2014, 01:39.

Comment

vems

Please:

Triggerlog.
        vemslog.

Peter
        Vems since 2004

Comment

edit /\/\

Comment

vems

Hi there

I can see some problems in your set up.

Trigger log: the first tooth after the missing one seams long. Try to swab the to wires coming from your Vr sensor and see if the triggerlog look more nice and equal.

Sectrigger, always trig at falling edge not rising because you have a long “ramp up” time and this Is not precise so use falling edge.

The Ve table is total out of order. Normal you have 20-30 in idle and maybe 80-100 in Max power.
            I have seen this before and it could be a bad flyback wire so please check you have +12V at EC36 pin 23.

It seams that there is no control over the injectors or you have a mechanically problem.

What injectors ohm, size?
            Do you have a strong spark at all coils?
            Have you made a comp test of all cylinders?

Please do not run at boost when this engine is so bad, you can not trust the lambda gauge when you have one or to cylinders not firing or misfiring.

TNX
            Peter
            Vems since 2004

Comment

- I'll try your first suggestion
              - And the second suggestion
              - I modified my VE table at the recommendation of some broad discussion on VEMS boards, suggesting more precise fuel control with this configuration (setting "Req Fuel" value lower IIRC)
              I'll give it a try setting it back and make observations
              - I installed with a V3 harness, so the flyback should be ok, but I will double check.
              - I agree that injector control seems strange/non existent, perhaps due to some of the above(?)
              - Siemens Deka 55# (576cc) or something like that, ~3.2 ohm (from 034) with 5 individual resistors inline
              - 5 LS2 High output coils (from 034) Spark is strong and I have 2 spares
              compression(1,2,3,4,5): ~165-150-150-150-150

I should have asked this a while ago, I've been beating on this thing for a while now, oops!

Comment

vems

Personally I do not like low z injectors so if you have the original injectors try to install them for testing. Another option is buy a low-z board from vems.hu, resistors and big injectors is a bad cocktail if you ask me, you have no control specially in idle

I would upgrade the firmware to 1.2.27

TNX
                Peter
                Vems since 2004

Comment

I was considering some Bosch EV-14s, but I don't like to throw money at problems unless it solves em!
                  Perhaps that would help, and I wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra wiring and hardware for the resistor block I built.
                  Currently looking into the trigger and fly back wire, and then I'll reconsider.
                  I really appreciate the help!

Comment

I was considering some Bosch EV-14s, but I don't like to throw money at problems unless it solves em!
                    Perhaps that would help, and I wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra wiring and hardware for the resistor block I built.
                    Currently looking into the trigger and fly back wire, and then I'll reconsider.
                    I really appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by peter_jensen View Post

Trigger log: the first tooth after the missing one seams long. Try to swab the to wires coming from your Vr sensor and see if the triggerlog look more nice and equal.

-So I swapped wires and I re-gapped my VR sensor but it did not change the output.
                      - I should note that I'm using a more modern Bosch VR sensor; maybe it's some kind if smart sensor that fires a high signal after the missing teeth. That might also explain why I have a wave in the 1 - 58 teeth pulses

Sectrigger, always trig at falling edge not rising because you have a long “ramp up” time and this Is not precise so use falling edge.
                      I tried this and got sectrig errors. This is an OEM AAN Hall sensor, not a VR so I had to set it back

The Ve table is total out of order. Normal you have 20-30 in idle and maybe 80-100 in Max power.
                      I have seen this before and it could be a bad flyback wire so please check you have +12V at EC36 pin 23.
                      I forgot to verify this, but my injectors click fine in test mode, suggesting I have +12v. This is on a V3 harness, including the relay harness with 2 flyback leads leading to pin 23
                      Also, I tried updating to 1.2.28 and the car would barely run. Then I rolled back to 1.2.27 and still ran like poo. Rolled back again to 1.2.11 and it's running fine.
                      I think I need to read and digest all of the release notes before I take that step.

- I am still looking for anyone to show me a screen shot of the individual power screen, ruunning a 5 cyl w/ 60-2

Comment

Working...
                      X