G4 & G28 Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From that efi express link

*** After the pins are swapped, the red wire should be at position #2 (middle of the connector) and the purple wire should be at position #1
    *** Slide the pin cartridge back into the plug and push the rubber boot back into place.* If done correctly the factory ECU should still function just fine.* The purpose of this pin swap is to reduce the noise that is received by the ecu on this harness by swapping the shield and signal(-) wires.

I have swapped the red and purple a few times. One way vems goes nuts and really struggles with triggers.

But it's the black wire I think is connected to the shield so I'm not sure the above description is correct.

Comment

like the picture above post 4 (my flywheel) i weld a piece of metal in advance on the flywheel and checked the clearance of the sensor before i put the engine in the car
      also swapped the pins in the connector and have no problems at all
      i use red v8 coils and adjust dwelltime in vems a little bit
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

are your ignition settings in vems okay?
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

@Dave - des is running the 3B flywheel with the matchstick size pin. Seemingly moronic is happy with such a low signal but vems sees trigger errors now and again with it.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Yep vems was running fine on the last engine. Ok it's a completely different engine and flywheel but the ecu and loom is the same. No important things like the ignition settings have been changed in vems. I have just tweeked a few of the maps to get fueling right on the new engine...

Comment

i think you only just need to enlarge your pin on the flywheel
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

I hope so. Would hate to pull the gearbox and flywheel and not resolve this issue...

Comment

People have removed the starter and welded on a new pin through the hole.
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Or rather a block with a hole drilled in it to slip over the existing pin.

Did you not do that on your last flywheel?
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Crank Position (G4) and Engine Speed Sensor (G28) Info - Function , Location and PNs

This *might* help with the sensor to pin spacing checks:

Crank Position (G4) and Engine Speed Sensor (G28) Info - Function , Location and PNs:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20986.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I needed to change the pressure plate anyhow as the clutch was slipping. Yea I did mod my 7a flywheel at one time through the starter hole.

So I have the gearbox out and I drilled a hole in a piece of steel and fitted it over the pin and welded it on with high nickel rods.

Then I drilled a hole in the other side of the flywheel opposite the pin to remove a similar amount of material to what I just welded on to try and keep the balance about right.

I have refitted the flywheel and fitted the new pressure plate. Just need to gap the sensors and refit the gearbox....

Comment

Quick update car is back together and no more trigger errors. I will scope out the sensor to see what's happening signal level wise for completeness.

Cheers, des

Comment

good for you !
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

good for you !
                              picture of the new pin?
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Good man Des - let us know how the latest monster clutch holds up to the full might of that EFR turbo.
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X