VEMS AAN cut out - engine goes dead..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
    Can't rise the calibration value any higher as it's maxed 200.
    Verify with Voltmeter... we never get voltage lower than 12,5V when engine is running.. also use free injection output for fuelpump...
    Last edited by blackS2; 30 April 2015, 09:06.
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Yes, seems that the VEMS output is failing: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...postcount=1480

Realised today that the voltage that VEMS sees drops almost one volt when I turn on the lights..?

Soo, how do I know where from(on the board) I will connect the injector output to fuel pump pin(Motronic)? This is how my VEMS looks like

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Have you checked the alternator voltage or battery voltage with engine running and then will lights and heater on etc. Use a good meter. Maybe your alternator is weak. Or could the belt be slipping when on boost due to supercharger?

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
          Yes, seems that the VEMS output is failing: [
          THAT is running your engine? Sorry, not constructive.
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

My vems is a stock setup with an adapter cable to go to the motronic connection. It looks nothing like that inside.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
              My vems is a stock setup with an adapter cable to go to the motronic connection. It looks nothing like that inside.
              i use a vems plug and play,the motronic connector fits straight on vems ecu,only need to swap 2 wires from crank sensor
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

The above looks horrible on very many levels.

First, I can spot a few cold/dull solder joints from the picture.
                Second, I can see lots of overheated solder joints...

Using the same color wire for everything is a hugely bad idea etc.

It's a mess, and troubleshooting anything in that mess is also difficult.
                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

It have been working well, untill now when my FP output started failing. Propably not the only one who have issues with the P259 output. This is propably a DIY VEMS, wires goes directly from the board to the Motronic connector. Could be done nicer, I agree on that. There also seems to be tweaks here and there, extra components etc.., I have not a clue what they are. For example the little board on left with two chips.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

not sure what mine looks like in the box. mine is pnp, not in a factory ecu box though. straight from marcel in the early days. bout 6-7 years ago.

not gonna lift the lid to look. if it aint broke.....

Comment

Even if this was working well, if I was you I would burn and bury this ecu... no way to use this ecu anymore in my opinion...
                      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

All i see is errors waiting to happen if you keep running that... pretty sure it is limiting your performance already as it is due to the wiring/connections/resistance.
                        I work with proto hardware on engines for a living and that what you have now is my biggest nightmare & time consumer, finding other mans bodges.
                        If for instance your on board reference voltage drops it can give very strange sensor readings leading to simple hick-ups upto total engine failure. Now in your/our case there isn't a lot of closed loop controller action / sensor based corrections in VEMS but i would not take the gamble.

Comment

Ok guys, you totally depressed me. Now have to go towards next new disappointment...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I would send the ecu away for testing at vems. At least then you will have some confidence in it.

Comment

thomas,do you reed my solution for fuel cut on your other thread?

why not just use a relais to give power for the fuelpump and injectors which closes with the ignition on? i'm sure this will work
                              vems can still make a fuel cut by injectors if necessary
                              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                                thomas,do you reed my solution for fuel cut on your other thread?

why not just use a relais to give power for the fuelpump and injectors which closes with the ignition on? i'm sure this will work
                                vems can still make a fuel cut by injectors if necessary
                                When you crash your car and the engine cuts off the fuel-pump is still running and sprays fuel everywhere. That's why its better to control the fuel-pump relay with vems.
                                1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Working...
                                X