No announcement yet.

current take on upgrading vems firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect you are right. I may take you up on that for testing at least.

been making up the map for use with 1.2.11 today. there are quite a few settings that are different to the ye olde 1.1.23 it must be said. one that is a lot more limited is the lamda target table. in 1.1.23 its 12x12. its like 6x6 in 1.2.11

one thing that I would like clarification on if you know is the exact meaning of the tdc after trigger setting in primary triggers page. my take is this is manually set to ensure spark is at tdc on no 1. when locked in the tools menu? I wouls like to check this as I have never checked it just run with settings provided by teppo kalske in the very early days. how did you set this vas? what timing light did you use?

rest of the map is coming together. is a fair bit different so I may not be in correct order on h2 table.

Comment

I expect you are right. I may take you up on that for testing at least.

been making up the map for use with 1.2.11 today. there are quite a few settings that are different to the ye olde 1.1.23 it must be said. one that is a lot more limited is the lamda target table. in 1.1.23 its 12x12. its like 6x6 in 1.2.11

one thing that I would like clarification on if you know is the exact meaning of the tdc after trigger setting in primary triggers page. my take is this is manually set to ensure spark is at tdc on no 1. when locked in the tools menu? I wouls like to check this as I have never checked it just run with settings provided by teppo kalske in the very early days. how did you set this vas? what timing light did you use?

rest of the map is coming together. is a fair bit different so I may not be in correct order on h2 table.

Comment

From memory on 1.2.11 we ended up using specific values on the trigger settings and then just adjust the timing with a strobe. I used a digital strobe light and got good accuracy. I'll have to dig my old laptop to see what I use there

Comment

i presume you put a standard lead in between the coilpack and connected to that?

let me know if you can. pm me your email when you got time. i lost it i think.

cheers

Comment

Sorry I use ls2 coils so have coil cables which I can attach on cyl1. At the beginning I used some cheap coil cables with a crude connection omitting the pipe and using a cable for cyl. 1 to do the reading.
            I'd get ls2 coils if I were you. They are a very good investment.

Comment

i may well do. never had an issue with the factory ones tbh. maybe after all this time i may have issues.

the plan is as you say. use the settings and check the timing using the vems procedure of locking in software.

ftf i will get it running on known good map and fw. next week ill send the flywheel in for the work and get an aby matched timing "lump" welded on the 7a.

i have fininshed the map conversion/ uplift process so im ready for 1.2.11.

ill pm you my details later. new job etc so old address may not apply that you may have still.

Comment

Ok. Bo problem. Send me the file as well. My email is still the same.

Comment

Working...
                X