UK based ECU technician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK based ECU technician

I have an upcoming trip to the UK (Currently based out of South Africa) and have the RS2 enhanced chip for my ABY coupe ECU which I am wanting to have installed.
    Who could assist me with this installation in the UK whilst I am in country for a week?

I will bring the chip and ECU with me- and pay for the installation.

Any recommendations?

Cheers
    Sean

You would need to know exactly what the chip needs to have done. I would guess that, as well as changing the chip, it will need a 3 Bar Map sensor and the R201 changing. Also does it need to be socketed?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

@ Newsh...sorry mate this is all gibberish to me.
      I am feeling extremely stupid right now mate.
      Bought Chip on the forum which promises 400bhp. Using a K26/27 turbo with RS2 IM and EM on standard 95/96 ABY ECU.

One word -HELP!

Comment

http://www.automarkuk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tango23 View Post
          @ Newsh...sorry mate this is all gibberish to me.
          I am feeling extremely stupid right now mate.
          Bought Chip on the forum which promises 400bhp. Using a K26/27 turbo with RS2 IM and EM on standard 95/96 ABY ECU.

One word -HELP!
          Get in touch with the person who sold you the chip, ask what MAP sensor it needs (probably 3 Bar..) Ask if the R201 resistor needs to be changed to RS2 value.

Then you need to peek inside the ECU to see if it needs to be socketed. In some of them the chips are in sockets so can be easily changed, in others the chips are soldered in and need to be removed and sockets soldered in.
          You can see this just by bending the tabs open on the metal cover, removing the cover and looking in between the 2 boards.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

it's not as simple as swapping the chips, the stock ABY ECU hardware will need modifying too - nothing very technical but needs doing right or you will have problems
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Also find out what FPR the software is designed for.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Tango23 View Post
                Not the best turbo for the ABY 20VT in my opinion.

"Chip" as in one? That isn't the way it should be done. It should be a pair of chips, one boost chip and one fuel/timing chip.
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Right, thanks gents.
                  The RS2 chipset, (390bhp Engine chip, 390bhp boost chip, 3 bar sensor and "rs2 resistor")
                  All brand new.

Comment

Have you got the supporting turbo, injectors & fuel pressure regulator...?
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Have you got the k26/7 turbo fitted to car? As you need that and right matching injectors and fpr like Andy said,or are you just getting the ecu chips and resistor done first over here and then fitting k26/7 turbo with ecu when you get back to Africa? I would recommend a wideband sensor and egt sensor

Comment

Yes, got all injectors (440) and K26 unit on the bench waiting for the ECU to be chipped before installing these with the RS2 IM and EM.
                        Any recommendations for the sensors?

Comment

What about fuel pump?

Comment

Using the standard ABY fuel pump... will I need to upgrade this too?

Comment

People usually use Bosch 044 or RS2 dont think the standard ABY one flows enough especially for 440 injectors

Comment

Working...
                              X