Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vems V3 AAN P&P - Injector 4 not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    You're in denial and it is hindering you from finding the solution. Stuff happens, and while there is a reason, you will just waste time trying to figure out why it happened. Just focus on dianosing the problem and fixing it.

Well.. I will try swapping the output today and see if there is any difference.

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
    my vems settings are the same as yours
    is this vems a plug&play version?
    pin 35 is correct for injector 4
    run the engine and put a led on the injector plug to see if you get any impulse
    if not,disamble injector plug nr 4 and the main plug on your ecu and measure with a multimeter ohm trough the wire,this should be around 0.00 ohm,if not,than you have a wire cut somewhere
    also important,if you use vems on a AAN-ABY engine you need to switch 2 wires on the crank sensor plug but the engine runs so probably you have done this
    I changed the wires and car starts "fine". The wire from 35->injector had 0.01 ohm (which i found to be ok since it's a low-end multimeter). I'll try pulling a new wire just for fun to se (and hope) that will do the trick.

Comment

Test for an output at the ecu first. Maybe it's damaged. If it's damaged look for what caused that. E.g. broken insulation on that wire.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
        Test for an output at the ecu first. Maybe it's damaged. If it's damaged look for what caused that. E.g. broken insulation on that wire.

Thank you. Will do so. I see there is an "output" test in vemstune. Anyone tried this? Tried to turn them on and off on every injector but there was no change.

Comment

des,i dont think the output is damaged,if he puts vems in his other car the engine runs fine so ........
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
            des,i dont think the output is damaged,if he puts vems in his other car the engine runs fine so ........
            It's been some months since i had it in the car. This was a 91' with "tuna can" cam sensor. The great web say there are several major difference in the wiring loom but too many for the car to start.

I'm preparing myself for a broken output but hoping for something better.
            Anyone tried to fix a broken output before?

Comment

Vems wil repair this if you send it to them and pay their fee. I have sent them an ecu to test. They seem quite slow despite paying extra for asap service.

Comment

Vems wil repair this if you send it to them and pay their fee. I have sent them an ecu to test. They seem quite slow despite paying extra for asap service.

Well.. i hope it doesn't come to that..

Comment

long story short,when i got my vems ecu back from vems, it was acting weird. they said, they tested it on the test computer before it was mailed.
                  but somehow two drivers were touching each other, so when the fuel pump was on, #5 was spraying, always.

Hank at Iroz MS fixed it in no time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post
                    long story short,when i got my vems ecu back from vems, it was acting weird. they said, they tested it on the test computer before it was mailed.
                    but somehow two drivers were touching each other, so when the fuel pump was on, #5 was spraying, always.

Hank at Iroz MS fixed it in no time.
                    Yeah, I think ill swap out part of the old wiring loom. Especially the wires that matters.
                    I found a crack in the isolation on one of the injector wiring so today i will route some new ones for inj. 4 and see if that helps.

Comment

Sooo. I swapped the wire on pinout 35 for a new one and all is god!

Next in line is changing all the wires.
                      Attached Files

Comment

good work
                        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

I want to thank everyone who helped out

Comment

edit... Read, reply, repeat
                            Last edited by 90/90qs; 20 May 2016, 03:27.
                            http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why lambda value and target are way off?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X