No announcement yet.

Vems ign based idle cold start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-15deg sounds in the right ball park. What I would do is find approx MBT at idle at normal operating temp, then retard say 5 deg timing, adjust idle ariflow to give you approx your chosen idle rpm, then you know you have a good range of timing for the idle control to play with. If you are at MBT already and the engine is struggling to hold idle, then the ECU has nothing to work with. Obviously fueling needs to be correct first. Do you have a pre-heat function for the lambda sensor in VEMS? Could help to help you find the right compensation on cold start = lambda sensor comes online quicker - still some trial and error though.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

hey.. a80avant is very helpfull (i hope) havent tried his doings yet haha. but i will keep in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        10-15deg sounds in the right ball park. What I would do is find approx MBT at idle at normal operating temp, then retard say 5 deg timing, adjust idle ariflow to give you approx your chosen idle rpm, then you know you have a good range of timing for the idle control to play with. If you are at MBT already and the engine is struggling to hold idle, then the ECU has nothing to work with. Obviously fueling needs to be correct first. Do you have a pre-heat function for the lambda sensor in VEMS? Could help to help you find the right compensation on cold start = lambda sensor comes online quicker - still some trial and error though.

^^^
        Yes! Check your lambda sensor has the heater wired up. Will help you dial in cold start settings.
        I relayed mine from a switched live from the ignition. Correct wideband Calibration needs this as well.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Very helpful, thanks

Comment

i did go back to using the isv btw.. i never got the cold start to work that well..

Comment

Working...
            X