Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines tech spech

Hi guys,

Right you know our brake lines are in two parts aren't they. From wing to strut and then strut to caliper.

Are the ones from the wing to the strut solid or flexi???????

If they are flexi then the braided hoses from the strut to the calpier will put more pressure on the other section of the line. Correct?

So if they are flexi (from the wing to the strut) can someone gove me the specs for them so I can get Goodrich to make some for me. Cheers.

I need the lenght and the fittings for both ends. This will save me taking them of the car and measuring them to send the info off.

Alternativley. Has anyone got a spare set I could borrow for a while to send to goodrich so they can replicate them?

Cheers Guys in anticipation

Aaron
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Buy them from MartynF, Vagparts.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Azman
      Right you know our brake lines are in two parts aren't they.
      Actually, no, they're 3 part -
      • body to strut (flexi)
      • small piece around the strut (solid)
      • strut to caliper (flexi)

If they are flexi then the braided hoses from the strut to the calpier will put more pressure on the other section of the line. Correct?
      Nope - pressure will be the same throught the system - but if it were ever to spring a leak, it'll always go first at the weakest point.

So if they are flexi (from the wing to the strut) can someone gove me the specs for them so I can get Goodrich to make some for me.
      Well, I had a three piece goodridge set made up when I did my 996 conversion.

A pic of the set fitted:

To get this done, I drew up the following diagram for Goodridge to use. They seemed happy!

The hoses you are after are the ones with the straight connectors (at the top of the diagram). The hose below is the one from strut to (996) caliper - which, with hindsight, probably still 40-50mm too long.

The spec for the body to strut hose is bang on and all part numbers are from the goodridge catalogue with plated steel fittings.

HTH

Comment

Cheers dude, I will send that off and sort the bits out. This is fantastic. So I should have them next week so I can put them all on at the same time. Once again. Cheers
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
        X